Skip Navigation

[Resolved] No option to create template with Visual Composer

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
toolset-dashboard.png
Snap25.png

I am trying to: Create a new template for my custom post using visual composer. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Link to my site: hidden link

I expected to see: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/benefits-of-templates-for-custom-types-vc/?utm_source=typesplugin&utm_campaign=types&utm_medium=dashboard&utm_term=learn-how-template&utm_content=tooltip (see image attached)

Instead, I got: see image attached - Snap25.png

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Dana,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Actually you will first need to create a content template. On that content template editor you will see a button that says edit using visual composer in the right hand corner of the editor.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Snap43.png

Update....I was able to get the content template to show on my "attractions" post type but I still can't see the visual composer content. If I click on "Edit this content template", I do see it. How can I edit the content for this specific post type?? See attached screenshot.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Dana,

The visual composer option will be when you edit the content template.

Also it could be that visual composer is not enabled for the custom post type.

hidden link

Please have a look at the link above and let me know if the issue still remains.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.