Skip Navigation

[Waiting for user feedback] New License Key not Activating Properly

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 3 days, 9 hours ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
2024-09-04_16-20-43.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I've created a new site key for a new development/staging site (premier.tailfishdev.com). Even after I add it to the site's backend, it still says "You are using an unregistered version of Toolset and are not receiving compatibility and security updates. Register now" for Toolset Maps and Toolset Views (which I still use extensively).

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No, but I'm simply creating a site key and entering it into the site. I've done it many many times.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 07.47.03.png

Hi there

Can you go to the installer debug page and check if the connection is okay and if there are any messages in the log?

Visit the back end at /wp-admin/admin.php?page=otgs-installer-support

The URL for the site key has to be exactly correct, even using http or https.

The preferred way to register a site is from the custom installer page (click "Register" from the list of Toolset plugins) and then use the "Get a key for this site" link (screenshot), which will pass the current URL to toolset.com to generate the correct key.

If using that doesn't work, let me know what you find in the installer debug page.

I used that method to create the license key, and that's what is not working.

The URL is premier.tailfishdev.com, and the site key is [redacted]

I've attached a screenshot of the Installer Support page

screencapture-premier-tailfishdev-wp-admin-admin-php-2024-09-05-09_30_52.png
2024-09-05_09-30-18.png

Images here.

Nigel
Supporter

I can see in our account tool that you registered hidden link yesterday (and that you have over 200 other registered sites, which evidently worked okay).

Something has gone wrong but it's not clear what.

Could I get site credentials from you and I'll try and register your site under my account, and see how that works out?

Let me mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Not sure if you should edit my above response (#2740029), which includes the license key. I didn't realize that this thread is public.

Nigel
Supporter

I've edited the reply to remove the site key, but it actually is useless to anyone else, it is tied to your site url and can't be used anywhere else.

I'm not sure what the problem has been here. I logged in to your site and I went through the steps to register the site against my own account, and that worked without issue.

So I unregistered the site, and then I used the site key from your account and did the same.

It also registered without problem (and is currently registered with your site key).

I can't say what the problem was when you were trying to do it, but I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

No worries. Thank you very much for your help.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Rob

I understand you are having similar problems with another site.

I've re-opened this thread so that I can get credentials from you for that new site so that I can take a look again.

I've set a private reply (I don't need the FTP details).