Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Need to auto fill a form field from a select box on another page

This support ticket is created 8 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Author

I am trying to: Fill a form field with the selection from a drop down select box

I visited this URL: hidden link. The 1st box on the left has a drop down of locations - on the next page at the bottom is a form. Right now I have the drop down select box again but I would like it to be a form field with the previously selected location - how can I do that?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Shoky,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

This might be possible with a bit of custom coding to pass the value into the field.

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the website so that I can have a look.

Since this is not something that is supported by our plugin it would go out of our forum scope but I can assist you with this since it should be simple 🙂

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Shoky,

Thank you for the credentials but they don't seem to work.

Would you mind checking on them for me and let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Shane

Sorry - changed the password to: support!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Shoky,

Thank you for the credentials.

Looking at this it will take a bit more custom work that I had imagined.

What I would highly recommend that you do is to contact one of out certified consultants for assistance with this.

You can contact them by going to the link below.
https://toolset.com/consultant/

They should be able to assist you with this.
Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.