Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Need help with slideshow

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Robert Campbell 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I raised this support query with Agnes via the Views Training Questions Page but she advised me to raise as a support ticket. Here's the issue;

I'm using Toolset Layouts and Views to changeover an existing fixed width site to a responsive site. This means recreating a fairly complex slideshow to become response and I could do with some help.

You can see the fixed width slideshow on the home page at hidden link and the home page of the responsive version on my dev site at hidden link

I have two issues which I could so with your help on

1. I only want to display the four most recently published posts in the slider but the usual VIEWS facility to do that is not available when you select the 'display the results as a slider'. Can you advise if there is another way to do this?

2. I've got the large slideshow displaying fine but I need to create the right hand block of four small images which need to 'darken' in sequence with same post is displayed in the main large slideshow.

Could you suggest the best way to approach this please? I need to understand how many Layout grid elements/views I should use? e.g. should I create the four small images as a single slideshow view or four separate views? And how do I maintain the relative height of the two blocks ('large image' and '4 x small images) as the viewscreen size reduces?

Many thanks

Robert

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As per our support policy, we will handle one query with one ticket. This will help other users searching on the forum. Please kindly open a new ticket for your each new question.

So lets start with your first query:
1. I only want to display the four most recently published posts in the slider but the usual VIEWS facility to do that is not available when you select the 'display the results as a slider'. Can you advise if there is another way to do this?
========>
To display only four most recent posts, you can use " Limit and Offset" section to set the four post limit. You can see "Limit and Offset" section by clicking on the "Screen Options" button at top right corner of your edit view page.

=> Click on button "Screen Options" on your edit view page
=> Checkmark the checkbox "Limit and Offset"
=> Navigate to section "Limit and Offset" on your edit view page
=> Select your limit from dropdown box

I hope above solution will help you to resolve your issue.

Thanks Minesh. I had forgotten that screen options could be hidden!

Regards

Robert

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.