Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Nav menu behaves differently (floats left) with Twentysixteen integration

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by yalcinA 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
originalTwentySixteenHeader.png
LayoutIntegratedHeader.png

I am trying to: Integrate TwentySixteen Theme with layouts

I visited this URL:

I expected to see: The nav menu to behave the same way (float right) with original TwentySixteen theme

Instead, I got: Nav menu behaves differently (floats left) on new layouts with Twentysixteen integration plugin activated

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Yalcin

The integration plugin is intended to more-or-less reproduce the standard theme design rather than be an exact copy, and the alignment of the menu appears to have been over-looked.

It can be easily remedied by adding the following CSS rule to Toolset > Layouts CSS & JS:

.site-header-menu {
  float: right;
}

Thanks Nigel, useful as ever!..

There seems to be somewhat other minor differences in css as well - ie: the integrated layouts (pages) seem to have a bit more padding all around.

It would be very useful if there was list of these small differences with our integration themes so that we can remedy them all at once using the css..

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Yalcin

Themes such as twentysixteen are typically the starting point for people's projects, rarely the end, and developers would customarily make modifications to the CSS to personalise the design.

That is why the objective of the Toolset integration plugins is not to replicate pixel-by-pixel the existing design, as the expectation is that users will want to customise the design in any case.

If there were any areas where the markup was such that it made it difficult or impossible to use CSS to recreate a particular look then the team responsible would have to address that, but hopefully tweaks to the CSS will be all that is required to achieve a specific layout.

If there is an element of the design you find you are having problems modifying then please let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Agreed. I'll come back to you on a case by case basis. Thank you Nigel.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.