Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Enfold Theme does not display layout or content template

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I use Enfold Theme and Content Templates and Layouts.
Content Templates and Layouts do not display in the FrontEnd.
What can I do?

Solution:
If your theme is not using the_content() to display the Content of your Posts, neither Content Templates nor Layouts will work.
You can either ask for the exact function used (the theme Developer will know this), and then insert this into Toolset > Settings > Front-End Content > Theme support for Content Templates.
Or, you can create a Custom Template in a Child Theme as this user did here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/my-custom-post-types-layouts-displays-nothing/#post-546333

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/editing-view-templates/theme-support-for-content-templates/

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohammad Alhobayyeb 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to:
Create a custom layout for my custom post type with custom fields.

I expected to see:
My custom post types displaying custom fields as I design them in the Toolset Layout

Instead, I got:
Empty post

In details:
I have create a new custom post type with custom fields. I have created test post of my custom post type.

I have created a layout and linked it to my custom post type.

However, when I go to display my post in the front end, nothing is displayed except the post title.

I am using Enfold theme.

Probably that Theme does not use the_content() function as it should according to the WordPress standards, and that is where Views and Layouts hook in.

I am not sure about this, but you can quickly find out by asking the Developers of that theme, if they use a Custom Function to display the Content, instead of the_content().
In that case, you should ask for the exact function used, and then insert this into Toolset > Settings > Front-End Content > Theme support for Content Templates.

Please let me know the results.

If that does not help, I will need a Copy of the Theme, shared with Google Drive in the next private reply.

BTW; to confirm if the Theme is using another Function, you can simply switch once to Twenty Seventeen Theme.
That Theme uses the_content(), and will show the Layout.

Thank you

Thank you, that was my issue.

For reference:

- I have created a hotel custom post type with custom fields.

- Inside Enfold child theme I have copied single.php file to single-hotel.php

- Inside single-hotel.php file. I have replaced:

get_template_part( 'includes/loop', 'index' );

with

// get_template_part( 'includes/loop', 'index' );
the_content();

And my Toolset Layout design is displayed.

When I face further issues I will come back and note them here or ask for help.

Note: single.php file is taken from Enfold main theme folder.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.