Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Module Manger Fields showing only Post Fields not Term Fields

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Cannot include term fields or user fields using module manager.

Solution:
Only post custom fields are currently supported, feel free to submit a request for term and user fields support.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ethanB 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I'm using Module Manger. The "Field Groups" only shows Post Fields, but I need to include Term Fields in my Export. What's my problem?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Ethan

Unfortunately, your problem is actually our problem.

Module manager has only ever supported post field groups, and does not support term field groups nor user field groups.

We have existing internal tickets about adding support, but as it is seldom requested it hasn't been prioritised.

I would encourage you to file a request at https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/ so that the product manager is aware of your need when it comes to deciding on development priorities.

I'm sorry that there is no work around, you'll need to recreate the term field group where you export the modules to.

Thanks for the very clear explanation. It's easy enough to do as you suggest. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.