Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Module library is not showing

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The available library of modules from Module Manager is not showing on a client site, and they see errors in their logs.

Solution:
The PHP function file_get_contents is required for the Module Manager library, and was disabled on the client server.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.70 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by christophS-3 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: open the library

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Warning: file_get_contents(): http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 in /homepages/u55692/tideritter.de/wp-content/plugins/toolset-module-manager/library/Class_Modules_Library.php on line 86

Warning: file_get_contents(http://ref.toolset.com/_reference_sites/demos-index-modules.json): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /homepages/u55692/tideritter.de/wp-content/plugins/toolset-module-manager/library/Class_Modules_Library.php on line 86

Unable to retrieve contents from the server. Please report this.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Let me look into this.

I know that the module manager is undergoing a major overhaul at the moment, I'll check with the people involved what the current status is and get back to you.

Nigel
Supporter

There are no current issues with the module manager.

Looking more closely at the error message, it reports that the function file_get_contents is disabled on your server (hidden link).

You'll need to contact your host to find out why and ask them to enable it.

Hey Nigel, Thanks a lot for your answer. I check that with our host and reply as soon as I got an answer.

Nigel
Supporter

OK, let me just mark this as awaiting feedback from you.

I can control this via php.ini myself. So I'll configure that and it should be done. Thanks a lot for your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.