Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Many to Many relation per multiple user website

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 10:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 11:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Pacific/Pago_Pago (GMT-11:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by augustoD 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Mladen Andrejic.

Author

Q1: It is possible to give permission to registered users (subscribers) to create many to many relationships CTP?

Q2: In that case: on creating the relationship post (connectin other 2 CTP), only their posts will be available to link?

Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Toolset Support.

Every Post Type is controlled in Access, but hidden fields can not be controlled (and post relationship is a hidden field).

Also, post type relationships are controlled on the Types post type edit screen, which demands high capabilities.

Thanks.

For clarification: I will create the custom CTP, users only will create posts of that type from a lited WordPress control panel.

I will give them necessary permissions for post creation/edition/deletion for different CTP.

In this case, will be possible for them to create the relationship to maty-to-many?

Hello,

In any way it won't be possible without high capabilities (admin equivalent) to access the Types post types edit.

Thanks.

Sorry if i'n not being clear.

I don't want the users to edit or create the Post Type per se, i want them to create post of a custom kind (witch were created using Types by the admin).

Do i make my self clear?

Hello,

Please take a look at this document : https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/many-to-many-post-relationship/#3

When populating content you do that through the fields or go to Types > Post Types Edit, right?

Which again comes down to my first answer, that it's not possible to do, as those fields are hidden, so users without high capabilities won't see those fields. Just author capability will be able to create the post, but won't be able to see Post Relationship fields.

Thanks.

So the Post Relationship field will not be displayed, what about creating a CRED form for the relationship? There is no other way to let users create a relationship from the frontend or backend?

This is a major setback on my project.

Hello,

Sorry, but users without admin capabilities can't edit Post Relationships. There is no feature that could enable this.

Thanks.

Maybe by a custom php function that auto creates a post vinculating "post A" with "post B" by their IDs using that hidden field?

Is there any documentation on how that custom field works?

Hello,

You can try with that, but I'm not really sure if it will work in the end. As this is not designed for hooking into, we don't have any public documentation about it.

You can have a look at this page to get general info : https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-post-type-relationships/

But again, as I said - this is not meant to be handled by users with low capabilities.

Thanks.

Thanks, will try other options...

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.