Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Make side bar (grid of cells) float/follow

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How can I make a Sidebar that follows when I scroll my webpages down or up?

Solution:
It is not a concern of Toolset, as HTML and CSS/JS is something we do not provide.
However it is possible with a custom HTML/JS/CSS solution:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/make-side-bar-grid-of-cells-floatfollow/#post-417565

This support ticket is created 8 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jamesH-18 8 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I want to make my parametric search input for float/follow the scroll of the filter output. It's laid out as a grid of cells next to the output.

This is not something that Toolset provides, it requires some CSS and HTML, plus eventually JS.

It requires custom HTML, CSS and JS, which are required sets of language if you plan to use Toolset.
Toolset is a wrapper to do things that you usually do in PHP; and it lets you add HTML + CSS/JS to your content, but it does not substitute the need of HTML and CSS/JS.

You can put your Grid in a DIV (as example in Layouts > Edit Cell) and then apply certain CSS/JS rules to it.

A tutorial how to do this can be found here:
hidden link

Or also, in the WEB there are many instructions on different approaches on how to make a certain DIV float on your Screen.

You can add the DIV class and ID to the layout Cell and add the CSS to the Layout CSS editor:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-html-css-style-layout-cells/

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.