Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Main Menu Not Displaying Correctly With WC Subscription Plugin

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jeffrey McQuillan 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
My_Account_–_ESL_Podcast_Store.jpg
My_Account_–_ESL_Podcast_Store2.jpg

I am trying to:
Display the main menu when in the My Account>Subscription section of Woocommerce (logged in as a user)

I visited this URL:
hidden link

I expected to see:
See attached screenshot - the main/top menu with Home My Account Logout

Instead, I got:
Menu where all items are replaced by "Subscription". When I click on a specific order, the order number appears as text in place of the word "Subscription" in the top/main menu.

I have switched to Toolset Start theme (not my child theme), removed all added CSS, deactivated all plugins except core Woocommerce and Toolset ones, tried it on 3 Mac browsers, removed all additional scripts etc.
It appears to be an issue with the Toolset Starter theme and WC Subscription.
I do not get this error when I use WC's Storefront theme or Twenty Sixteen theme with Toolset plugins deactivated.
I do not get any other menu errors with any other WC functionality.

The conflict appears to be on the Toolset end.

This is a staging/sandbox site for our live site. I can provide admin login and FTP access.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Jeffrey

I set up a quick test site with WC Subscriptions and the Toolset starter theme, created a subscription product, and bought it.

But there doesn't appear to be a '/subscriptions/' end-point on the My Account page, if I visit site.com/my-account/subscriptions/ I get a 404 error.

I don't see anywhere in the settings how to set that up.

You obviously have. How do I do that?

I did nothing special other than install the WC Subscription plugin.

Why don't you look at my test site and check my configuration against yours? I'm not sure what to tell you - I'm using default settings on WC and Toolset Starter themes.

How do I give you my login credentials securely? You can compare yours against mine to see any differences. Again, I made no modifications - the Subscriptions end point should appear if WC Sub is installed, I believe.
Jeff

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Jeff

The subscriptions endpoint isn't available on my test site, so I'd like to take a look at your site.

I will mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site, even though I don't intend to make any changes other than possibly to temporarily add a backup plugin to take a snapshot of the site.

Nigel
Supporter

Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 13.00.10.png

Hi Jeffrey

First, the good news, see the screenshot.

After updating the WC Subscriptions plugin, re-activating and re-saving permalinks a couple of times I managed to get the my-account/subscriptions/ end point working, and the menu on my test site was displaying normally on that page.

Now the bad news. I wasn't using Layouts.

When I activated Layouts and created a layout with the menu cell then revisited the page I saw the same issue, all of the menu items had been replaced by the word "subscriptions".

I'm escalating this to our second tier so they investigate this compatibility issue with WC Subscriptions further. I'll keep you posted when I have any further news.

Thanks for your patience.

Any news on this - I have the same issue? Oddly, the word "Subscriptions" only appears in the menu on one page (the subscriptions page /my-account/subscriptions - linked from the Woocommerce menu). The underlying link destinations (the href attribute) are unchanged.

Nigel
Supporter

I'm reviewing escalated threads that haven't been closed and I notice this thread is outstanding, apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

In testing our second tier identified the problem with the WC Subscriptions plugin that causes the issue. You will need to contact the plugin author to ask them to update their code.

The issue is with the file class-wcs-query.php.

Line 14 adds a filter which calls the function change_endpoint_title() and the menu item text is returned by get_endpoint_title.

The issue is on line 90

$title = __( 'Subscriptions', 'woocommerce-subscriptions' );

Hopefully that will be sufficient information for them to fix the issue.

Thanks for your patience.

Thank you! I will pass this information on to the Woocommerce team.
Jeff

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.