Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Listing Event on home page

This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to make a Theatre Website
WP: 4.9.1

I have a post type of Productions which has a taxonomy associated called Venue

I want to have two rows on my homepage: (see homepage)

Row1: 4 or 5 Content boxes of up and coming events in the Venue Taxonomy "Auditorium" (the next 4 or 5 events by date)
Row 2: 4 or 5 Content boxes of up and coming events in the Venue Taxonomy "Studio" (the next 4 or 5 events by date)

I have no idea how to do this. Can you help.

Thanks
---
John

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi John

You'll need to publish a page which will be your homepage, to which you will need to add two Views, or this is a good example of how you can recycle the same View.

So, create a new View which shows your Production posts.

Add a Query Filter for your taxonomy, and when you insert it specify that the term should be set by a shortcode attribute.

You'll want to specify a limit option of, say, the most recent 4 posts. The default order options match your requirement.

The Loop Output section is where you design the output. You should use the Loop Wizard and specify Bootstrap grid for the format, with, say, 4 columns, whatever makes sense for the output style you want, then include the fields you want to appear for each result, and gather these in a Content Template.

Now, when Views creates the template it includes just enough markup/styling to display the output in a grid. You will need to intervene editing the markup and CSS to have it look exactly how you want.

Next, go to your front page and edit it.

Use the Fields and Views button to insert the wpv-view shortcode where you want the first group of results.

With the dialog that appears, choose the Query Filters tab, and set the term "auditorium" for the first set of results.

Then repeat this to insert the same View a second time, this time using the "studio" term.

As I say, you will need to expend a certain effort in styling the results to your taste, but the functionality should give you what you are aiming for.

Let me know if you get stuck.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.