Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Listify and / or Superlist integration

This support ticket is created 7 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Fatima Barbosa 7 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hello Christian...

It is me again!
Build a directory site. Toolset has almost everything I need, but the radius-based search for google maps. I found 2 themes that offer me this possibility: Listify and Superlist. They are both bootstrap based. I could use Toolset to them but would Toolset be compatible with them?

Listify:
hidden link

Superlist
hidden link

Which criteria should I check in order to make sure of the compatibility?

Thanks

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Fatima

I took a quick look at the links to the themes you provided.

It is not possible to tell how they implement geo-location without buying either of them to see, but those implementations are likely to be quite specific and I suspect you would be looking at writing a certain amount of custom code to make the same work with your Toolset content.

The themes seem to allow for creating custom post types and custom fields, publishing listings from the front-end, and searching those listings based on location, so if you were to use one it sounds like you would want to use the theme itself for most of the content and only use Toolset where any functionality was missing.

In which case the main requirement for compatibility would be that the theme PHP templates use the standard WordPress function the_content() to render the post body, or a specific, named function as an alternative.

If you want to use Toolset you can:

1. wait. Location-based searches have been requested often and we will add this feature. Quite a lot of the work has been done already, but I can't say when it will be ready for release.

2. try a plugin such as GeoMyWP with which you can add coordinates to all your content and use it for location-based searches. I haven't used it to know how well it works with Toolset or what is required, but I know other Toolset users have tried it.

Thank you Nigel...

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.