Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Limit form submissions post relatively of parent post

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.89 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by virageguitars 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Tia.

Author

Hi, friends,

I received an answer, good answer:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/limit-submissions-per-session-per-user-per-time-period/

Now I would like to change the question.
I have CPT "event" (parent) and CPT "request" (child)
I would like to limit submissions: many users can make ONE request to ONE event.

Can you forward me on the right path?

Thanks to all
Henadz

Small inaccuracy, sorry.
The correct version of the question:

I have CPT "event" (parent) and CPT "request" (child)
I would like to limit submissions: many users can make ONE request to ONE parent (!) event.

Tia

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support. I am happy to help you with this.

I just have a few questions for clarification so I can better help you:

"I would like to limit submissions: many users can make ONE request to ONE parent (!) event."

1. Can you elaborate on a scenario where this would be required?

2. Should users be able to submit to ONE request to ONE parent (!) event only once or can it be submitted multiple times?

Thank you for clarifying.

Hi, Tia,

Scenario:
- we have many EVENTS
- we have many users
- one user can make only one REQUEST (form submission - create new REQUEST) for participate in a particular event.

Is this explanation enough?

Thanks for your time

Tia

Thank you for the explanation. Let me double check with our team and I will get back with you as soon as possible.

Tia

This is going to also fall along the lines of custom coding which is going to go along Beda's last post:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/limit-submissions-per-session-per-user-per-time-period/#post-424560

You can also look into using a custom get_posts() function inside of HTML conditional. Also see Beda's post above to count posts to see what the user has already submitted, if any.

Thank you, Tia.
The issue is resolved

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.