Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layouts taken over single page

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by garyF-3 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 14.56.15.png

I am trying to: use layouts on a site running genesis

Link to my site: hidden link

I expected to see: when I activate Layouts I want single pages to use the default theme out put / style. I only want to use Layouts on a Custom Post Type.

Instead, I got: Layouts taking over the single page template across the site. I have only created one layout and that is for the Custom Post Type.

My settings are in the pic

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Gary,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would it be possible to get admin access to the website so that I can check on this for you ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Also please let me know which CPT is having the issue and which do you want the layouts to only apply for.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Gary,

I would rather not mess with this site and i've yet to log in.

Would it be possible for you to install the duplicator plugin so that I can get a copy of the site to test locally ?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, the site is very large. I have already search the forums and technical support but couldn't find anything. Is there any settings e.g. in database that we can check to see if that is causing the problem.

As a for instance I think that if someone runs the installer this may cause the problem?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Gary,

Still a bit unsure of the issue.

Is it that layouts have taken over all of the CPT ? and you just want it assigned to one post ?

Please let me know and maybe i can provide an explanation for you.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, we only want to use Layouts on one CPT. When we activate Layouts it takes over the single page template. We are happy with just using the theme default. If you see in the image I uploaded - they indicate that this is the case. In other words we have not got a layout for pages yet when layouts is activated it stops the default theme template.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Gary,

It could be that some layouts are being created for these posts automatically when you activate Layouts and the Genesis Integration.

Would it be possible to check this ? or do you have a backup somewhere that we can test this ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
we have a site which is similar to our production environment.

hidden link

This has layouts and some pages have been taken over e.g. hidden link and hidden link

However on another test site hidden link it all works fine e.g. activating Layouts and Genesis integration does not force pages to use it.

I can send you login for both sites if that helps, but need a secure form.

Gary

Shane
Supporter

Hi Gary,

Would I be able to gain access to this site ?

The private fields have been enabled.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 2.34.49 PM.png

Hi Gary,

Not sure what happened but both of these pages have this in the edit settings.

Which would suggest there is a layout assigned but in reality there isn't any layout, removing the layout should resolve the issue.

Meaning removing the layout by clicking "Stop using this Template Layout"
Thanks,
Shane

Not solved the bug but worked around it

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.