Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layouts not exporting to production site

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 8 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by harryT 8 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Ross Fisher.

Author
HMT3Design homepage.jpg

I am trying to: export a Genesis-themed Layout created in MAMP to a production site

I visited this URL: /admin.php?page=dd_layouts_edit&layout_id=739&action=edit

I expected to see: my layout page I'd created in a local site

Instead, I got: the blue barber pole indicating loading, but no more than that.

I created a new Layout using the Genesis theme (child theme created for my site) in MAMP. I finished it, then imported it to my production site. Some elements were broken, so I went to check the Layouts on the production site. I got a hang on all three (one parent, two child) Layouts that I had imported (attached image).

I tried trashing all three layouts, deactivating/reactivating Layouts, the Layouts Genesis plugin and all other non WP-Types plugins, deactivating/deleting/reactivating Layouts , creating the Layouts from scratch, and reimporting the Layouts from the local site - no joy.

This was a minor test, designed to see if the option to create in Layouts and export to a production site works. I have a major redesign (for another site) that I'd like to use Layouts for, but not if this is going to be an issue. I don't have the time to do that much work and then have the upload crash.

I will send you FTP info once you open up the case. In the meantime, I've gone back to my old theme, which still works.

Thank you for contacting Toolset support, I'd be delighted to assist!

I am currently working to duplicate this on my local install. I will report back my findings soon!

To best troubleshoot the issue, please make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply.

I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it!

Looking for that private link ...

Sorry about that, for whatever reason the private field didn't activate. I hope you enjoyed your weekend and Holiday Monday if you are in the US!

I have activated the private field, please let me know if you don't see it.

Thank you for the Duplicator snapshot! Genesis theme integration is new and your debugging input is greatly appreciated to help us cover all use cases.

I have submitted the site snapshot to our developers for replication. We will be in touch soon!

Thank you for your patience!

Our developers have submitted patches to our code repository with a resolution. There was some issues regarding dependencies which caused the export/import to fail with Genesis. All should be resolved now.

This will go live in Layouts version 1.4.5. Please keep updated with our new releases at https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Great. Still waiting on that 1.4.5 release.

It should be out this week!

I'll keep your ticket open for now, please don't reply unless you have an update else I'll have to keep replying or close the ticket 🙂

STILL waiting on that 1.4.5 release. However, your system is sending me e-mails wondering if the ticket should be closed. If the issue is still happening when 1.4.5 is released, I'll open another ticket.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.