Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layouts not assigning to pages

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Ian,

So I did another test of this issue and found that I was able to get it to work when I didnt import the attachments onto the posts.

Also I have a screencast of what happens for me.

hidden link

So try importing the data without the media attachments.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

I have just tried this again. For sure, on multiple different machines, and different installations of MAMP, when I import the Types export file from the original site through the import/export dialogue on the Toolset menu, it completes and creates the post types that I see in your window, but the Layouts are broken. Nothing I do will show the layout - I've attached what I'm seeing.

I've been working with Toolset for over two years - if you check my user history you'll see I'm a pretty experienced user - I'm not making some dumb mistake here and I've literally done hundreds of Toolset installations through many dev sites.

Please can I ask you to package the site you've got working and let me download it - it's really urgent for me I get this sorted out.

Thanks, Ian

Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 4.39.14 PM.png

Sorry - here's the screenshot. Same thing. Importing the WordPress content with/without attachments is not relevant - it's broken way before I get there. I'm talking about importing the Types data, not the WordPress data. Completing the WordPress XML import makes no difference.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ian,

I'm currently uploading the duplicator package so you can use it.

In the meantime try doing this.

Before you import the data the first thing you need to do is enable the Toolset Starter theme.

Once you have done this try importing the information i.e views , types and layouts and the wordpress post data.

Once you have done this please let me know the results.
Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ian,

Here is the link to the files.
hidden link

This was done using the duplicator plugin so what you will need to do is to create upload these files to the root directory of the server.

Then you will need to navigate to installer.php file from your browser. You can also have a look at this link below.
hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane - That Google Drive link is blocking access.

Please email me access - I need this urgently now. Thanks!!!

BTW - what you are saying works simply doesn't work on our side. We have been through this dozens of times in every conceivable order and it makes absolutely no difference. The minute that Types data export is imported the Layouts portion of the site is broken. This is without any data imported. Enabling the Starter theme makes no difference.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ian,

You should now have access to the duplicator files.

Please let me know if there is anything else you need.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.