Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layouts extremely unstable – multiple errors

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.88 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I refer to an existing thread about an issue with Layouts - now here are several more https://toolset.com/forums/topic/layouts-not-assigning-to-pages-2/

This is a dev site - I've updated to WP 4.7 in an attempt to resolve matters - no change. Latest version of all Toolset plugins, running Starter theme and only Toolset plus Woocommerce - all other plugins disabled.

1. New layout creates more than one layout
2. Renaming layout doesn't work - back to layout screen and layout still called 'New Layout'
3. In layout create row and assign HTML Tag: <header> - create second row and change to <footer> and now header row also changed to <footer>

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

1. New layout creates more than one layout
=> I'm not able to reproduce this issue. Maybe you can share exact steps to reproduce this issue.

2. Renaming layout doesn't work - back to layout screen and layout still called 'New Layout'
=> I cant able to reproduce this issue as well. again you may send me exact steps to reproduce the issue.

3. In layout create row and assign HTML Tag: <header> - create second row and change to <footer> and now header row also changed to <footer>
=> Yes - I reproduce this issue on my install. Please allow me to consult our developers and I'll get in touch with you as soon as I know more

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 4.57.59 PM.png

Hi Minesh

Regarding item 2 - here is a screen grab of the layout renamed, but the slug won't react, and the name box stays stuck in red, and won't react. I push enter, try click elsewhere on the screen, nothing responds.

Then I create a new cell and the name returns to default. It has been buggy, irresponsive and unpredictable, and on multiple sites.

Regarding 3 - this has been irregular but has happened on my test sites. Click on new layout, nothing happens. Click again, new layout opens. Then above behavior happens - can't rename layout. Eventually close it, and find two default new layouts created with default names.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I need to check on your install for issue #2.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi Minesh

I've rebuilt this site and for the moment it seems to be ok. However, I do still need issue 3 in the original post resolved. Any idea when this will be?

thanks
Ian

Minesh
Supporter

This #3 issue is already been escalated to our developers and I will get in touch with you with updates on that as soon as I know more.

Minesh
Supporter

This issue should be fixed with the latest Layouts 1.9 release.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I kindly request you to update ALL Toolset plugins to it's latest official release version and try to resolve your issue. You can download ALL latest Toolset plugins from:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.