Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layouts and CRED (WYSIWYG editor) bug with regard to the wp media player

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by takoL 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
cred-mediaplayer-1.JPG
cred-mediaplayer-2.JPG
cred-mediaplayer-3.JPG
cred-mediaplayer-4.JPG

I am using layouts and CRED on a website where users can upload different kinds of content/media.

When users create a post and insert an audio fragment (mp3 etc) in the WYSIWYG editor everything is ok. See pictures 1 and 2.

When users edit the post the media player shortcode gets rendered into HTML which then gets saved. This results in some faulty HTML when displaying the edited post. See pictures 3 and 4.

This only happens when using layouts. If I switch off layouts, the editing goes fine.

I was wondering if this is a known issue and if it can be solved?

Thanks in advance.

Tako

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - I tried to create a layout and to this layout I've add CRED form to Visual editor cell, content template cell as well as CRED post form cell each containing CRED form.

Then I assigned this layout to a new page and with this page I tried to create new entry by adding audio to (wysiwyg) and then I checked in backend but I do not see the problem you are able to reproduce.

- Could you please tell me which cell you are using with layouts? as well as steps to reproduce?
- Could you please try to check by adding CRED cell or Visual editor cell?

Hi Minesh,

I used a content-template-cell which contained the cred-edit-form shortcode.

If I use a visual-editor-cell the problem remains

If I use a cred-cell than the problem is solved. So I will do that for now.

However I don't want the users to always see the cred-form when viewing the post so I have to use conditonals inside my cred-edit-form to only display the edit-form under certain conditions. But since I can only do this inside the cred-form itself the row containing the cred-cell and the cred-cell itself will allways be rendered. Which is not realy nice.

Also, sometimes you might want to use a specific page containing a cred-edit form to edit some post type. If you use a cred-cell it is not possible to specify which post should be edited (since you can't write the shortcode yourself something like: [cred_form form='my-form-ID' form_name='my-form-name' post="[wpv-search-term param='my-param']"])

So you might want to look into this some more.

The problem occurs when you edit an existing post (on the front-end with a CRED form inside a content-template) that already contains an audio file.

So the steps necessary to reproduce would be:
1. create a post and insert an audio file
2 Edit the post on the frontend using a cred form (don't change anything, just save the post)
3 View the post

Good luck and thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.