Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layout template changes to default template on page update

This support ticket is created 8 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 8 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I do not know if it's a bug, but I have an issue with Layout templates.

I have several different layout templates with different header and footer, etc.

Every time a user updates the page, it changes the template to a regular page template instead of the original assigned template.

See screencast example: hidden link

It get stranger.
This works okay if I am logged in as an administrator, but logged in as a Editor role changes the template.

But, if someone else is logged in as the same administrator account it also changes the template.

I have turned off all non-toolset plugins and have the same issue.

I have also duplicated the site onto my localhost and have the exact same issue.

Please help as every time my client is going to change some text it is going to switch templates.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

This issue is known to us and already reported to our developers and fixed on our development branch.

The official fix will be shipped with next Layouts release version 1.8. You may expect in the middle of August.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Would it be possible for me to edit the php of the plugin with your development code?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

We do not recommend to make any changes to our core plugins code as well as to use development version is risky as there is possibility that it may break your whole site.

I suggest please kindly wait for next release. Thank you for your patience.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.