Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layout TABS working only in preview mode. Broken in front-end on Toolset Starter

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
layout-editor.png

I am trying to: use the tabs provided with Layouts.

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: the content changing by switching tabs

Instead, I got: the tabs not working on front-end. Oddly the tabs work fine in layouts-preview mode. I am using a fresh install of Toolset with the Toolset Starter Theme, without any js customization. The website is a part of a multisite installation.

Please help me to solve this issue. It's urgent. Thanks.

Below the code as it is in the editor:

<div class="full-bg tabs  ">
                <div class="container ">
                <div class="row">
                <div class="col-sm-12   ">        <ul id="nav-tab-59381ead428a7" class="nav nav-tabs " role="tablist">
                            <li role="presentation" class=" active">
                    <a href="#ddl-tab_1499_59381ead428fb" class="tab-link" role="tab">This is the first Tab</a>
                </li>
                                <li role="presentation" class=" ">
                    <a href="#ddl-tab_1626_59381ead429a9" class="tab-link" role="tab">Here is a second Tab</a>
                </li>
                        </ul>
        <div class="tab-content"><div role="tabpanel" class="tab-pane   active fade in" id="ddl-tab_1499_59381ead428fb"><div class="row " id="first"><div class="col-sm-12   ">                <div class="row   ">
                <div class="col-sm-6   "><h2>Lorem ipsum</h2>
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Illud dico, ea, quae dicat, praeclare inter se cohaerere. Duo Reges: constructio interrete. Te enim iudicem aequum puto, modo quae dicat ille bene noris. Quasi ego id curem, quid ille aiat aut neget. Non pugnem cum homine, cur tantum habeat in natura boni; Sed potestne rerum maior esse dissensio?

Tum ille timide vel potius verecunde: Facio, inquit. Quoniam, si dis placet, ab Epicuro loqui discimus. Quia dolori non voluptas contraria est, sed doloris privatio.</div></div></div></div></div><div role="tabpanel" class="tab-pane    fade" id="ddl-tab_1626_59381ead429a9"><div class="row " id="second"><div class="col-sm-12   ">                <div class="row   ">
                <div class="col-sm-6    col-sm-offset-6">Rationis enim perfectio est virtus; Estne, quaeso, inquam, sitienti in bibendo voluptas? Quae diligentissime contra Aristonem dicuntur a Chryippo. Ad eos igitur converte te, quaeso. Sed eum qui audiebant, quoad poterant, defendebant sententiam suam. Qui ita affectus, beatum esse numquam probabis;</div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div>

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Raffaele,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Taking a look at your debug data, I noticed that you are running on php version 5.4 in order to maintain maximum compatibility I would recommend updating to at least php version 5.6

Once you have done this please let me know if this issue still remains.

Thanks,
Shane

Dear Shane,

thank you for replying. Unfortunately the php version can't be updated at this time. The website runs over a multisite installation, and I don't have access to the server settings.

Do you think that upgrading php to 5.6 would resolve the issue? Is there any other possibile solution?

I really need to use the great Layout functionalities of Toolset on that installation, but very sadly they all seem to be broken. (tabs, slider, accordion, youtube and so on work only in preview mode).

Could you please assist me in further debugging?

I am at disposal for every question and information you may need.
Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Best.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Raffaele,

Actually we start at the most obvious issue which is usually php version or plugin conflict.

This is because wordpress core recommends at least php version 7. As such many developers raise their minimum php requirements and using older versions of php may cause issues.

However what you can also try is to temporarily disable all the non-toolset plugins and see if the tabs start working again.

Thanks,
Shane

Dear Shane,

the php version has been updated to 5.6, but still unfortunately the problem is still there.
I copy and paste the server info from the Toolset debug info tool:
"Server":{"jQueryVersion":"1.12.4","PHPVersion":"5.6.30-1~dotdeb+7.1","MySQLVersion":"5.5.55","ServerSoftware":"Apache\/2.2.22 (Debian)"},"PHP":{"MemoryLimit":"256M","UploadMax":"8M","PostMax":"16M","TimeLimit":"30","MaxInputVars":"1000"}}

We have Toolset suite active on the website, plus a minimal set of plugins that are required by the main website in the network.

Could you please help us in resolving the issue? It would be a great benefit for the editors to be able to use the UI provided with Toolset Layouts.

I am at your disposal for every information you may need.

Thanks and best.

Hi, sorry but Shane is unavailable today but will return tomorrow to continue to assist you. Thanks for your patience.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Raffaele,

Thank you for updating the php version.

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the website so that I can have a more detailed look at this for you ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Raffaele,

What you can do is to try sending me a duplicator package of the website.
To provide the duplicator package please have a look at the link below.

https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks,
Shane

Dear Shane,

thank you very much for providing this solution.

I have forwarded the plugin to the superadmin, for the activation. I will be sending you asap the installer and the archive.

All the best.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Raffaele,

Thanks.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Thank,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.