Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layout Plugin doesn't work properly

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 7 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 11.59.57.png

Hey Shane,
I am trying to make a new Page and to use a specific Layout for that page, but its not working. I created the layout and then i saved it..but it disappeared. The page is also empty, and there written that i have to use a new layout for the same page (check screenshot ).
And one more thing, the toolset front layouts Editor doesn't work in my website.
The website is updated!
Thanks for the help
Boris

Hi, I'll be glad to take a look.
The page is also empty, and there written that i have to use a new layout for the same page (check screenshot ).
It looks like you created a new Layout and saved it under the name "New Layout" instead of choosing a new name for the Layout. The message displayed in this screenshot indicates that you have added a new Layout and saved it as "New Layout". Please go to Toolset > Layouts and look for the Layout called "New Layout". You may edit the Layout here, and add a new title if you would like.

the toolset front layouts Editor doesn't work in my website.
I'll be glad to take a look. Can you provide login credentials for your site? I will enable private reply fields here.

Hi, I edited your Layout here:
/wp-admin/admin.php?page=dd_layouts_edit&action=edit&layout_id=9193

I noticed that the slug of this Layout was "1", which I think was causing the problem. I modified that slug to be "toolset-test-layout-1" and added some test content. Now I see the test content appearing on the resources page. Can you confirm this is working as expected now?

Hey, unfortunately looks like it has still the slug '1'. I added some rows with test content but they disappear again. I don't understand why. Also i couldn't find anymore the button to choose a parent layout for this layout. And the toolset fond-end layout editor is not working 🙁

Thanks for your help
Boris

Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 10.42.23 AM.png

You can assign a parent layout by clicking the Layout Icon. See the attached screenshot.

However, something else is going on here because your Layout slug is always reset to be "1" for some reason, and it's not possible to save changes to your Layout. If I try to create a new Layout, the slug is also "1" - this isn't normal. So I suspect there is a theme or plugin conflict causing problems for you. I would like to run some tests to try to isolate the problem. If you would like, I can perform them on your live site, or you can perform them.

- Please temporarily disable all plugins except Toolset Layouts, Types, and Views, then activate a default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- Then, try to update your Resources Layout again and see if the changes are applied correctly.
- If the changes are applied correctly, then we know there is a conflict somewhere between Toolset and the Toolset Starter theme or your other plugins. Enable the starter theme and plugins one by one until the conflict is revealed.
- If the changes are not applied correctly, then I will need to do some deeper investigation by cloning your site.

Please let me know the results of these tests.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.