Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layout Conflicts with Event Calendar

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The Events Calendar conflicts with Toolset Layouts. It will display nothing when the Toolset Divi Integration is activated, it only shows white blank page. When we deactivate Toolset Divi Integration plugin, the calendar display properly.

Solution:
This happened because something is wrong in database table or database records are corrupted somehow or WP core files were corrupted due to which it was showing white blank page.

1. So we recommend to either fix the WP installation or install a fresh WP site and move your site content, plugins and themes there manually using WordPress export xml tool and Toolset Module Manager.

2. Now next is to display events on the archive page. We have another client who had the similar issue and was able to solve it. Created a theme file "archive-tribe_events.php" in your theme folder and add this code. Then you can see the Event archive page:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/conflict-with-layoutdivi-integration-tribe-events-calendar/#post-421110

Relevant Documentation:
https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/template-hierarchy/#custom-post-types

This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Win Soh 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

I am using event calendar to handle event for my website, but it has conflicts with Layout. When deactivating it, the calendar display properly and the other way round after that.

hidden link

Thanks please let me know.

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Win Soh,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. Please make sure that you have not assigned default layout if no layout is assigned to content. GO TO: Tooslet >> Settings >> Layouts >> What to display if no layout is assigned to content

1. Can you please provide step by step details that how you are using Event calendar and Layout on the link you have provided? (preferably with back-end screenshots)

2. What you expected to see on the front page?
3. What you actually see when Layouts is deactivated. (preferably with front-end screenshot)

Looking forward to help you.
Thank you

Capture2.JPG
Capture.JPG

Currently we faced an issue of some pages are showing "Please check the layout you are trying to render actually exists." which we do not know why. we tried to create layout on one of the individual page, but it still shows the blank page stating "Please check the layout you are trying to render actually exists.".

There is 2 situation we found out that it will show the error:
1. When we set a certain page as front page, it will show the error, but it is able to preview the layout with no error. if we change it to not be front page, it again will display with no error.
2. the event page created by event calendar is now showing the same error as well.

Please help to solve this issues. Thank you!

Event Without Integration.png
Without Layout Integration.png
With Layout Integration.png

Hey, please check. The issue in overall is this.

1. DIVI Theme and Layout will cause this problem "Please check the layout you are trying to render actually exists." with header visible.

2. When Layout Integration, DIVI Theme and Layout activated, the whole website turns white screen with problem "Please check the layout you are trying to render actually exists."

3. The event calendar performs well using Layout but not with the Layout Integration. However the "Please check the layout you are trying to render actually exists." still there.

We have no issue of this before.

With Layout Integration.png

Hi solved the "Please check the layout you are trying to render actually exists."

Now the problem is The Event Calendar only. It will display nothing when the layout integration activated. Thanks.

# The picture shows when Layout Integration is deactivated

Noman
Supporter

Hello Win Soh,

Thank you for updating us on this. Great to hear that you have solve one of the issue.

1. Can you please provide us The Events Calendar Pro plugin so that we can test it at our end as well in a minimal WP installation.

2. To debug this issue I will need to take a look at your setup. So I need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site – preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible – in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Link to the [Layouts] Edit Screen, [Page] Edit Screen where you have used this layout and added Events calendar.

Looking forward to help you further, Thank you

Noman
Supporter

Hello Win Soh,

Thank you for waiting on this, I have thoroughly debugged your site and this issue. During debugging I found out that there is something wrong in database table or database records are corrupted somehow or WP core files were corrupted due to which it was showing white blank page.

1. So I have backed up original site using Duplicator (backup files here: /public_html/wp-snapshots) and changed table_prefix value to 'wp3_' in the wp-config.php file and this way I have installed a fresh WP in the same database. Now all the same plugins as we had originally are working perfectly fine, as you can now see the Events page (no white blank page now): hidden link

The original database tables or site is still there and you can access it by changing table prefix value in wp-config.php file as below and this way you can see the old site:
table_prefix = 'wp_'

2. The above experiment clearly indicates that there is something corrupted in original WP database tables or in WP core files got corrupted in your site. And as soon as we install a new WP installation, all plugins and theme is working fine including Toolset Divi integration plugin.

So we recommend to either fix the WP installation or install a fresh WP site and move your site content, plugins and themes there manually using WordPress export xml tool.

3. Now next is to display events on the archive page. We have another client who had the similar issue and was able to solve it, I have already created a theme file "archive-tribe_events.php" in your theme folder and added the code. Now you can see the Event archive page, this is the solution to this:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/conflict-with-layoutdivi-integration-tribe-events-calendar/#post-421110

Thank you

Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.