Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Issue with sidebar front-end position when using one Layout for RTL and LTR page

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 7 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
view-rtl.jpg

I am trying to: Use single Layout containing 'Sidebar' and 'Content' side by side to create pages in RTL and LTR languages. I would like to achieve proper alignment of the sidebar for each language.

I visited this URL:

LTR: hidden link
RTL: hidden link

I expected to see: See attached image

Instead, I got: See attached image

Hi there, I see you would like to reorder content in your Layout when it is used in an RTL context. Currently the Layouts tool does not support this functionality, since the structural source order of the HTML generated for RTL is the same as the structure of the LTR layout.

For the same reason, the article "Join us to understand..." is shown in the top left position on both RTL and LTR languages. In order to change that, you would need to modify the CSS grid framework to reverse the float structure on RTL languages.

Hi Christian,

I appreciate your help and support! I now understand that when I activate the 'Layout' plugin it override the Avada automatic functionality of sidebar alignment. From my observation, before I activate the Layout plugin, the Avada sidebar position is switching automatically between RTL and LTR languages.

Before 'Layout' activation:
Sidebar floating left on LTR
Sidebar floating right on RTL
(I assume that it has a class on the rtl.css that loaded on when I switch to RTL lang)

After 'Layout' activation:
Sidebar is floating to only one direction according the assigned Layout. It seems that once a Layout is assigned to a page, the position of the sidebar elements are constant.

I wish I could apply the same css tag/class/style to achieve this functionality by default when using the Layout plugin.

Many thanks for your help!
-AD

Hi AD,

I see, it sounds like you lose a bit of the Avada theme's functionality when you add the Layouts plugin. I would like to see if I can reproduce that issue. Can you provide me with a copy of the Avada theme? You can create a zip file with the theme contents and post to Google Drive or another file sharing service, then post a link here for me. I will enable a private reply field so only I can access the download.

Step1.jpg
Step2.jpg
Step3.jpg
Step4.jpg
Step5.jpg
Step6.jpg
Step7.jpg

Thank you Christian for your kind response!

I highly appreciate your willing to look into this issue further. I'm attaching 7 step-wise images that illustrate the problem I'm facing with. I thought it would be easier to demonstrate it this way.

I've replicated the problem on a clean WordPress installation with only the necessary plugins:

Theme:

• Avada 5.06

Plugins:

• Fusion Builder 1.0.6
  • Fusion Core 3.0.6
  • Toolset Avada Integration 1.4
  • Toolset Layouts  1.8.10
  • WPML Multilingual CMS Version 3.6.2
  • Toolset Types  2.2.6
  • Toolset Views 2.2.2
  • WPML String Translation Version 2.5.1
  • WPML Translation Management Version 2.2.6

I'll send you a private message with a link to a WordPress installation with login credentials.

I hope this demonstration will help to identify a possible solution.
Many thanks in advance!
Amiel

P.s. How can I send you the credentials privately? I don't see a 'Private' message option.
Thanks!
A

Hi! I will enable private reply again here.

Sorry I don't think I explained clearly. I would like to be able to reproduce that issue without altering your live site. In order to do that, I need to install the plugins and themes you are using on my own test environment. However, I do not have access to the Avada theme, the Fusion Builder plugin, and the Fusion Core plugin. I will need you to copy those files somewhere so I can download them. You can upload zip files to a file sharing service like Google Drive or Dropbox and give me a download link. I will enable a private reply again so you can post the links for only me to see.

Thank you for the detailed explanation and images. I was able to download the theme and plugins to install on my own site. Please standby while I attempt to reproduce the issue locally. I will update you soon.

Many thanks!

Amiel, I can confirm that I was able to replicate this issue following the steps you have described (great explanation!). I will reach out to our developers to see if they are aware of this issue, or if there is any known workaround. Please stand by and I will update you when I have more information.

Thanks! I'll stay tuned.

Just wanted to give you a quick update that our developers are now aware of the issue and will get back to us soon with an update. I have escalated this issue to our second tier support for further assistance.

Best regards, and thank you for your patience.

Many thanks Christian, I highly appreciate your support.
Looking forward to it,
Thanks a lot,
Amiel

Hi Amiel, thanks for you patience. Our developers have informed me that there are some configurations that we can change to get your sidebars appearing on the correct side with Layouts active. Here are the steps:

1. Deactivate Layouts
2. Go to Toolset > Settings and click the Front-end Content tab
3. Scroll down to Bootstrap Layouts
4. Select "This site is not using Bootstrap CSS"
5. Reactivate Layouts

Please let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.