Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Is there a way to separate the search form from the results?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Trying to create a three column page where the first column will have a Search Form and the second/third columns will have the search results.

Solution:
Solution here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/display-only-the-search-box-but-the-results-in-another-place-on-the-same-page/

OR you can try these as mentioned by the client to resolve this issue:
[wpv-filter-meta-html]
[wpv-layout-meta-html]

This support ticket is created 7 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by donavanW 7 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

Is there a way to get two separate shortcodes for the search form and the results instead of just one?
I'm trying to create a three column page where the first column will have a search form and the second/third columns will have the search results. I'm having some difficulties to split them

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Donavan,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support. Yes, you can display Search form on one place and the results on another place on the same page. We have another client who had the similar issue and was also able to solve it: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/display-only-the-search-box-but-the-results-in-another-place-on-the-same-page/

Thank you

Are you sure this is useful to me?
All I need is a way to let [wpv-view name="ANAME"] (which currently displays both the search form and the results) be separated in two shortcodes (e.g. [wpv-form] and [wpv-results]) so that i don't necessarily need to keep the basic layout.

Found them:

[wpv-filter-meta-html]
[wpv-layout-meta-html]

i can work with these two ones

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.