Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Integration with Enfold theme

This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by johnB-38 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Howdy. I am trying to get my new Types CPT template to display in the Enfold theme. Enfold does not seem to recognise any Types custom fields nor does it take grid clues from the Types template layout.

I found the section of the Toolkit settings where theme function can be manually set. I used the debug code and found that Enfold was using [apply_filters].

Does this mean that the theme will not work with Toolkit templates?

This would be a very bad situation...I do hope there is a workaround?

Hi, there are currently some known compatibility issues with the Enfold theme, including the inability to effectively utilize Content Templates for custom post types. We reached out to their development team last year and have followed up several times, but since April of this year they have been unresponsive to our collaboration requests and inquiries. We need their assistance to solve the problem, and it might help if you mention to their support team how important this is for you.

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/content-templates-and-views-arent-working-on-single-pages-with-enfold-theme/
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/my-custom-post-types-layouts-displays-nothing/#post-546333

G'Day Christian,
Thanks so much for the prompt response...even if it's not what I was hoping for!
I'm not a php developer and am very new to WordPress, having spent 10+ years deep in being a solution architect for Drupal-based projects.
We have a problem in that the design has already set the site up using Enfold, and I am not in good position to recommend a change.
I have already set up the CPT with Toolset and I like your gear.
And (of course) we have a pressing deadline.
If money were available, how could I best apply some of it to "unsticking" the problem?
You say that you need a response from them...does that mean this problem literally cannot be solved unilaterally...ie, without cooperation from Enfold?
FWIW, I took the chance before putting the ticket in here to send the problem through their "pre-sales" channel. I thought the request for help would sink without a trace.
However, I got a notice that they had shifted my query out of pre-sales and into the support forum.
I've not heard anything else, but I take it that at least they are managing their issue queue.
I'm keen to get a quick triage on how best to go forward...would love to hear more of your thoughts when you're able.
Kind regards,
JBrisbin

Hi Christian,

I have bought my own copy of Enfold so tthat I can connect with their support people. There is a thread on this issue here, and I have used your comments above to hopefully advance things quickly.

In the meantime, I have also hired a developer to create a subtheme and try to hack a connection together. Any advice for me on this route or is it something you can't really advise on?

Thanks!

hidden link

Christian,
I have updated that support ticket over on Kreisi...not expecting much joy, and I am increasingly stuck.
Can I ask for a bit of assistance from your broad range of WP expertise...

Is there a Toolset-compatible theme (very) similar to Enfold that I can shift to?

The poor designer is definitely not prepared to handle this sort of problem, but I don't know what else to do.

The only other option I can think of is to hire a developer to hand-build custom post types and fields in a way so that they are recognised by Enfold.

Thanks indeed,
JBrisbin

If money were available, how could I best apply some of it to "unsticking" the problem?
What I can tell you is we need the collaboration of the Enfold team to solve this problem, and we have not been able to get that consistently. I can't really make recommendations for other custom or one-off solutions.

You say that you need a response from them...does that mean this problem literally cannot be solved unilaterally...ie, without cooperation from Enfold?
We need their collaboration to get Content Templates to work as expected.

I have also hired a developer to create a subtheme and try to hack a connection together. Any advice for me on this route or is it something you can't really advise on?
My advice is to find a developer who has measurable experience with both Enfold and Toolset. We have a developer portal where you might be able to connect with someone: https://toolset.com/contractors

Beyond that, I can advise on any code that touches Toolset shortcodes, or published Toolset APIs from our Developer toolkit: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/

Is there a Toolset-compatible theme (very) similar to Enfold that I can shift to?
I don't have a good replacement for you, sorry! I'm not much of an expert on Enfold.

G'Day Christian,
Thanks indeed for the replies...very helpful.
As expected (?) Kreisi have gone off the boil...no reply to queries last night.
Thanks for the reference to the Contractors. Funny: I put in my parameters, including Enfold as preferred theme...got 0 matches.
Took Enfold off and got 24 matches!
I am now chasing the option of abandoning Enfold.
I might engage with your developers anyway and ask them for an Enfold replacement.
Kind regards,
JBrisbin

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.