Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Integration into current theme for custom post detail view

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to create a Content Template that will be applied to all the single Custom Post Type posts.

Solution: Create a Content Template and apply it to the Custom Post Type.

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/view-templates/

This support ticket is created 7 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lanceS-5 7 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

but the only typical template i would like to use is the one that say "Default Template"
I don't understand, sorry. Where does it say "Default Template"? Can you show me a screenshot?

Yes sure hidden link

The Default Template isn't defined by one file. It just indicates that the template file used to display this page will be applied based on the standard WordPress Template Hierarchy.

Here's some additional information about Template Hierarchy:
hidden link

I'm sorry but I still do not understand what you're trying to do. The links you provided earlier are no longer available, and I'm not clear what you're trying to do with all the template files and the code you posted from another source. Please explain in more detail and include some new links for me to review. These no longer work:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

Sorry for the confusion, I am just trying as you suggested earlier to show template for a specific slug that i can use in detail view.

The template must just not show any of the sidebar or anything that you would see in a blog article detail view

Okay I'll take another look. For now, I have renamed the single template files you created to prevent them from causing 404 problems. Standby and I will update you soon.

Okay check now:
hidden link

I have added the following file to your child theme's folder:
single-prides-listing.php

<?php
/*
Template Name: Full Width, Single Pride Listing
*/
?>
<?php
$ultima_qodef_sidebar = ultima_qodef_sidebar_layout(); ?>

<?php get_header(); ?>
<?php ultima_qodef_get_title(); ?>
<?php get_template_part('slider'); ?>

<div class="qodef-full-width">
        <div class="qodef-full-width-inner">
            <?php if(have_posts()) : while(have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>
                <?php the_content(); ?>
                <?php do_action('ultima_qodef_page_after_content'); ?>
            <?php endwhile; ?>
            <?php endif; ?>
        </div>
    </div>
<?php get_footer(); ?>

You can use this as a guide to develop any other custom templates you need, based on the WordPress Template Hierarchy.

Thank you so much it worked

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.