Skip Navigation

[Closed] Integrating with Jetpack Related Posts

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 8 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 8 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: get Jetpack Related Posts to pick up custom posts made in the Types plugin

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: a link in the Related Posts area at the bottom, to his custom post: hidden link

Instead, I got: It doesn't detect this custom post, even though i have tagged it the same as the first post above.

I have referred this to Jetpack support, and their response is as follows:

"Following up on this outstanding issue. So, for the missing Related Posts, it does appear that the posts are being synched over to our end (where we do the Relatedness calculations), but they are empty for some reason. The developer says the following:

"I guess first step is to find out if there is actually any content stored for this CPT on their site. Seems very likely that there’s some custom thing going on that’s storing content for this CTP elsewhere on the site."

Can you find out from them where they store the CPT content, exactly?"

Could you please provide an answer to this question - where is the CPT content stored, for custom posts created via the Types plugin.

Thanks
Chris

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

Types use standard WordPress API to store CPT data within the WordPress tables. Please refer to the following link:
=> https://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Types

Though you should refer to the following link that may give you at least some idea where fields are stored. Its an example about importing CSV file to to WordPress:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/how-to-import-content-into-wordpress-using-csv/

The topic ‘[Closed] Integrating with Jetpack Related Posts’ is closed to new replies.