Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Instead of edit users, the form seems to add users.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Author

User submitted form to create user post however I can't get the edit form to work properly for users to edit their data instead it creates a new post for them

Can you ensure the Form in Toolset > User Forms > your_form > Edit is really set to "Edit" users?
It is a common mistake that happens to many of us.

If that form is in fact set to edit users, but does not, instead creates them, then I'd suggest first duplicating that form to a new one, and test with that one (again after ensuring the form is really editing, and not creating, users)

If that also does not help, I'd have to suggest a quick no-conflict test, which consists in disabling all software but Toolset on your site (eventually on a duplicate, or after a backup) to see if then the form works.
If not, at this point you could create a copy of the site in no-conflict mode (no other software enabled) and send that to me.
The instructions for this are here https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I enabled a private reply in case this becomes necessary.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.