Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layout not displayed on home page even if assigned to page

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
layouts.png

Hi there,

I'm using Layouts on a website at the moment, using the basic Toolset starter theme and child theme.

I've created an individual layout for a particular page where I don't want to show the header/footer and instead want to design the whole page using Layouts. I've attached a screenshot here of my layout for that page.

It displays fine on the page right now: hidden link

However, when I set that page to be the homepage of the entire site, the drop-down menu disappears and I've got no idea why!

Are you able to work out why this is happening / how I can stop it from happening?

Many thanks

Hannah

Step One - Assign page to Front Page.png
Step Two - Open Layout data-lazy-src=
Assign Layout to Home Archive.png

The issue is to solve as this:

- assign the /new-home-page/ to the Front page in the Reading settings.
- assign the Layout "New Homepage" to the archive "Home" on the Layout settings

I also attached screenshots.

That is tested on your site already, but I reverted everything so to not affect your current site.

Please let me know if anything is unclear.

Hi Beda,

That's absolutely perfect, thanks so much for your help. I hadn't realised the home page was treated as an archive in this context but it makes sense and this has all worked perfectly.

Cheers!

Hannah

I am reopening here as this is a BUG.

We will provide a fix for it ASAP.

Thank you for your patience - the current solution is still valid as a workaround.

But in future, the Layout should not needed to be assigned to the Home Archive according our DEV.

And I am updating again, that with the current release, this is not replicable anymore.

Here are the steps to use a Layout on a page, and make that page the static front page without "losing" the Layout:

1. Create any Layout
2. Create any Page
3. Assign that Layout to the Page
4. Control the output on the front end
5. Make the Page the "Static Front Page"
6. Control the output again.

In my test, the Layout is still shown - as it's expected.

Can you confirm as well?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.