Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Include DIVI Builder in the WYSIWYG text fields.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Please include the DIVI Builder in the Toolset WYSIWYG Custom Field.

Solution:
We cannot add this to Toolset.

You might ask the specific Builder's authors if they might add support for Custom Fields of this kind, and as well, there would need to be whole new API handling as for now this is not possible to implement.

Page Builders will only be included where those builders are natively available.

We apologize that we cannot implement this.
There is no need in opening new tickets for this request.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Francisco Ramón Molina Busquiel 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

It is possible to include the DIVI Builder in the main text field of the CPT with a function in the Functions.php file.
Why do not you include this functionality for any of the WYSIWYG fields in Toolset?
Best regards,
Francisco R.

The idea of the integration is to create Templates with the builders that you can re-use.

This is done by styling a Content Template and then applying this your Post Types.

WYSIWYG Fields might be part of several Posts and be displayed in several different places, which might include once more contents styled with the Builder.
You could end up with multiple layers of nested content types styled with different methods.

This is complicating the work and can also introduce conflicts.

I suggest to style the entire Content Template with your Builder - and use WYSIWYG Fields only where you need more control over the HTML or need more functionality of the Text Field.

Beda,
The technique followed to make the templates Toolset is the correct one. There is no problem using this technique and it should be like this, but, another issue is the text content of each entry in a CPT. A CPT can have very complex description fields. The WYSIWYG text field is correct for slightly complex text entries, but when more sophisticated descriptions are desired more elements are needed.
I give you some examples:
Imagine that throughout the text of the description you want to put a tabs control, or not, with different tabs according to the CPT entry that is being written, this with DIVI Builder would be very easy to do, but it would not be easy using only the WYSIWYG text field.
Another example, imagine that throughout the text of the description you want to put, or not, a slider with images according to the post that is being written.
Or, imagine that you want to put buttons, or not, to improve the links throughout the text of the description, or many eases that DIVI builder allows to insert throughout a text, and that with the text field WYSIWYG not it could be done, except that the DIVI shortcodes will be used in an artisanal and manual way.
What I want you to understand is that a description text within a CPT is not always simply
Do you understand what I'm talking about?

Best regards,
Francisco R.

I unterstand this, I will let the Developers know about this request.

The problem is how to Edit those Fields with the builder.
As you notice, we added several single compatibility layers for many builders but also we improved this now with a generic way of integration.

This new way is theoretically as well possible in WYSIWYG Fields (basically the trick consists in temporarily make the field a post type instead, so you can edit it with the builder 😉 )

But I do not know if this is easily possible with WYSIWYG fields.

I will file this request and then we will discuss this internally and I'll update you here about it.

Thanks!

Including DIVI Builder in the main description of a CPT is easy:
---------------------------
function sb_et_builder_post_types( $post_types ) {
$post_types[] = 'YOUR_CPT_HERE';
$post_types[] = 'ANOTHER_CPT_HERE';
return $post_types;
}
add_filter( 'et_builder_post_types', 'sb_et_builder_post_types' );
---------------------------
But this should be extended to any WYSIWYG field to be completely useful.
Thanks for your help Beda.

That's not our API.
I think this request would make a lot of sense also in the forums of the builder plugin.

Adding an option to include fields, is not supported by that API yet.

That is why I think we will need to add our own logic - if we consider this.

Okay. You will tell me something about your conclusions when you talk to the rest of the team.
Thanks Beda.

We cannot add this.

You might ask the specific Builder's authors if they might add support for Custom Fields of this kind, and as well, there would need to be whole new API handling as for now this is not possible to implement.

Page Builders will only be included where those builders are natively available.

I apologize that we cannot implement this.

Ok. Thanks Beda.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.