Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Import/Export Custom post types with Excel file

This support ticket is created 7 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,

I want to Import and Export an Excel file. That file contains all information about a certain Custom post types. For example the Excel file contains al schools from Belgium (with custom fields). Is there a way to Import this file?
In a later stadium, I want to update my website with 1 Excel file.

Is there a way to do it with Toolset? I found following plugin: hidden link
But this plugin is not compatible with Toolset. When I create a new CPT, it does not appear in the plugin possibilities.

Thanks in advance!
Kind regards,
Jef M.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jef,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

When you import the file you will need to recreate the CPT in Types because the data should be there in the database so all thats needed is to recreate the CPT.

For further instructions you can take a look at this link below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/how-to-import-content-into-wordpress-using-csv/

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi,

thanks for your answer! I think that is what I need.
I recreated the CPT an imported a correct CSV-file, but no new items appear in my CPT.
I'm sending you the Excel- and CSV-file, so you can check what I'n trying to do (download link Wetransfer).

Maybe you can use a copy of my website? I'll send you a download link.
Login is: user / usertest12_!q4213

I think this plugin does not work with Toolset Types anymore...

Thanks in advance!
Kind regards,
Jef M.

Download link test website:
hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jeff,

It seems that there is something wrong with the CSV file as it was not able to be imported successfully.

Is there any other that I Could try ?

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.