Skip Navigation

[Resolved] imported module. User fields group showing in modules but not in user fields.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Juan 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Juan.

Author
wp types user field group issue.PNG

I am trying to: import a module

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: My user field groups

Instead, I got: the correct page loaded but showed no field groups. I can see them as available modules within the module manager so the import went ok.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks for your help,
D

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi David

I don't think you are doing anything wrong.

On a local test site I created a User Custom Field Group and added some fields.

I installed Module Manager and created a new module. The User Custom Field Group was not available to add to the module.

I tried with a Posts Custom Fields Group and that was available and working.

So there appears to be a problem with the user fields. I am doing some more testing and will get back to you.

Thanks Nigel,

D

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi David

After checking further I can confirm that the Module Manager hasn't caught up with Types and that User Fields are currently not expected to work with Module Manager.

I'm changing this thread to a feature request and re-assigning it to one of our developers to follow-up.

That sounds familiar...

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/settings-lost-in-views-when-creating-copy-site-from-modules/

Can you provide a timescale and if the answer to that is no or greater than 2 months can you suggest a workaround?

Many thanks,
D

Juan
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi David

Thanks for the feedback.

Since we added taxonomy trmmeta fields, we have two specific tickets in our internal tracking system about bringing user fields and term fields to Module Manager. However, they have not been solvd yet. They are in our roadmap and they are set th be completed in the upcoming development cycle, the worst thing that could happen is that they get delayed to the one after that.

I am dding your voide to those tickets so we can properly set priorities for them.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.