Skip Navigation

[Fixed in next Release] I'm using OceanWP and referencing the guide article on wp-types. Not successful

This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 9.56.22 PM.png

I am trying to: use OceanWP with WP-Types plugin(s)

I visited this URL: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-oceanwp-theme/

I expected to see: a Full-width expression of the custom post type's content

Instead, I got: Sidebar! I can't get the sidebar to not display.

Help!

hidden link

I'd like to use the header/footer of ocean wp

Hi, that tutorial isn't exactly clear on where to manage the theme layout for certain portions of the site, like the homepage / blog. Is the image you attached showing a homepage, or blog archive, or single post? If so, there are settings specific to this page in Customizer > Blog > Blog Entries and Customizer > Blog > Single Post. Please confirm you have selected a sidebar-free layout option for the appropriate section.

Hi Christian,

First of all, thank you for answering on a weekend.

That is indeed a single post layout. In OceanWP I've selected full-width on all availability options; Page/Archive/Search/BlogIndex/BlogSingle.

Yeah, initially when I found that post regarding OceanWP I was elated. Then after following the procedure outlined, I reached out.

Please let me know if I can provide any further detail

Thanks Christian

Ok thanks, I assume this post is a custom post type, not a standard post, correct?

Layouts 2.0.2 is very close to being released, and includes several improvements to theme integration with Layouts. It is my understanding that OceanWP is included on the list of integrations. Let me check with our developers to see if there is anything you need to do to prepare for the upcoming release, or if the fix will automatically be applied when you update to the latest version. Please stand by and I will update you when I have some more information about that.

yes. This is a custom post type. This would be truly awesome, if corrected in the next dot release.

I really appreciate your attention on this matter on the weekend dude.

thank you

Okay here's the information I have received. The Layouts 2.0.2 release will include a framework that allows themes to register theme options which can be managed by Layouts, including this sidebar area on custom post types. However, in order for a theme to take advantage of this framework, the theme must include a configuration file. These configuration files are still being tested, and when those tests have passed the theme authors will be asked to include the configuration files in a future theme release. So the fix for your issue may not be instantaneous when Layouts 2.0.2 is released...it will also require a theme update from OceanWP that may take additional time.