Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I cannot find the flex slider in the list of modules

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by justinB-3 5 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Modules ‹ North Central Emergency Vehicles — WordPress.png

I am trying to: Use flex slider

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: flex slider in the libray

Instead, I got: no flex slider

Hello. Any help here?
Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - We have recently rebuilt the module library a few months ago and added new modules and we removed few modules, the Flex slider module is one of those retired modules.

However, we are flexible to add new modules if there is enough interest from our customers. That totally depends upon how many clients request it. Could you please explain what kind of functionality you expect exactly? We will take it as a new feature request for modules and add it to our internal system that will help us to track such requests.

Hi Minesh,

I'm trying to make a film trip view gallery like the one mentioned here
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-get-a-filmstrip-view-with-multiple-images-in-single-post/

And that's how I found out about using this module

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - as you know and as I already inform you that Flex Slider module is retired for now but I requested Devs to bring back that module, so the request is under assessment.

For now, if you want I can send you the flex slider module zip but there is no guarantee that it will work without any issues. Let me know if you need the retired zip and I will share it with you.

Yes, please. I would like to try it. Thanks
Please send it to grace@tbgdm.com

Minesh
Supporter

Please download the zip from the following link:
=> hidden link

I followed the instruction but couldn't make the image appear.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-do-i-use-flexslider/

It's at least showing the slider containers but I need help making the image show
hidden link

Please see login:
user: toolsetsupport
pass: ts44556679!

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

well - flex slider module uses the "Slides" post type it created when you install the module.

But I see you want to create a gallery using the repeating field image, for that I suggest you to follow the following article and follow the steps given there and try to resolve your issue.
=> https://toolset.com/2017/10/adding-a-gallery-of-images-for-custom-posts/

Hmm the guide is for displaying images on a lightbox.
I'm looking for something like the film strip. The client is not a fan of lightbox.
Something like this - hidden link
or if there's an easy way to use the images from a multiple image field, that would be very helpful

So I managed to display the images on the main slider, just need to show it on the thumbnail and hopefully it works like the filmstrip gallery

I would like to say it's a team work. Minesh did something right on my configuration and I did something, too.
Happy with the results. Thanks Minesh

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.