Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I am transferring ym site to the Divi theme and need help to transfer layouts

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 7 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: Transfer the current layouts of these two pages
Property list:
hidden link

Property Listing pages eg:
hidden link

I visited this URL on my staging site which is an exact duplication of the existing site but using the Divi theme:
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see the same layouts but nothing is right

Hi, welcome to the support forums. For future reference: to ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations. We have an article with instructions located here: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

NOTE: Please be sure to check the box to indicate you can provide debug info and paste your debug info in the debug field provided, and NOT in the general response field.

Can you tell me more about your Divi setup? Are you using the Toolset Divi Integration plugin with Layouts? https://toolset.com/download/toolset-divi-integration/ If not, please activate it and review the results.

I'm not able to see the hot property page on your staging site, it redirects to the home page. Am I missing something?

Hey there,

As per your request here is the debug info.

I'm completely clueless as to why this is redirecting to the homepage?

Please review our documentation about Toolset and Divi integration:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/toolset-divi-integration/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/toolset-divi-integration/designing-templates-divi-using-toolset/

Divi is a powerful builder in its own right, so rather than override all their custom functionality with Layouts we try to fit into their framework. Toolset only controls the content area of these pages, so you will have to do some theme customization of your own to get the site header, footer, and other elements to look as close to your old design as possible within the Divi framework.

As far as the hot property redirect, I'm not sure exactly what's going on there. You can try these steps:
- Ensure the page is published, public, and guest users have full rights to view the page
- Disable all plugins and temporarily activate a default theme like Twenty Seventeen
- Resave your permalinks

If the page begins showing up, try enabling Divi, then activating plugins one by one until the conflict is revealed.

If the page still does not show up, you can try enabling WP DEBUG as described here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-toolset/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
ini_set('display_errors', 'Off');

Try to load the hot property page again. If any server-side errors are generated, this will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents. Once that is done, you can revert the updates you made to wp-config.php.

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 10.15.51 am.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 10.15.27 am.png

Hey When I reloaded the page an error came up saying

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'if' (T_IF) in /home1/pullen75/public_html/staging.bluewaveproperty.com.au/wp-config.php on line 99

I check the error_log and its empty.

I have been awake for over 24 hours trying to fix this and it's just not working.

Im so tired hahaha

Ive added a screenshot of the error and the wp_config file I edited

Hi, check your code syntax. It looks like something didn't transfer correctly when you copy + pasted the code I provided above. Yours includes these characters (without the space):

& #039;

Instead all of these should look like the apostrophe character - ' - please review your code and make the necessary adjustments.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.