Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to manage third party non Toolset standard custom fields?

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi,

I am creating custom archive templates for a CPT created by a third-party plugin. As per this thread https://toolset.com/forums/topic/managing-cpt-created-by-3rd-party-plugin/, I have been able to overcome the problem of managing the 3rd party CPT's using Types.

But now, I am stuck with 3rd party custom fields that have non Toolset naming formats.

I went to Custom Fields > Post Field Control and selected all the custom fields created by this plugin and got the following message:

Toolset Types only allow fields with names containing lowercase alphanumeric characters, dashes and underscores. The following third party fields are not supported:
rstore_displayTaxesAndFees, rstore_imageId, rstore_listPrice, rstore_oneTimeCharge, rstore_salePrice

I then thought to create these custom fields so that I can manage them in Toolset, but as soon as I enter the slug “rstore_salePrice”, it automatically gets converted to “rstore_saleprice”.

This completely defeats the purpose of creating a custom field.

Is there anyway I can overcome this issue?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I went to Custom Fields > Post Field Control and selected all the custom fields created by this plugin and got the following message:

Toolset Types only allow fields with names containing lowercase alphanumeric characters, dashes and underscores. The following third party fields are not supported:
rstore_displayTaxesAndFees, rstore_imageId, rstore_listPrice, rstore_oneTimeCharge, rstore_salePrice
==>
At this stage, you know that Types do not allow the Uppercase letters in custom field naming. It only allows lowercase alphanumeric characters, dashes and underscores.

I then thought to create these custom fields so that I can manage them in Toolset, but as soon as I enter the slug “rstore_salePrice”, it automatically gets converted to “rstore_saleprice”.
==>
You got message already that Uppercase is not supported by Toolset in custom field name and this is by design. But still you are trying to force Uppercase letter in custom field creation then Toolset Types is converting back uppercase to lowercase as per the design.

There is nothing wrong but its your custom requirement that Toolset Types is not offering uppercase in custom filed.

If you try to use uppercase then sooner or later you may find it broken as you do not follow the predefined rules that should be followed by you for custom field naming.

Hello,

Yes, I understood the custom fields naming requirements and also understand that at this point, there is nothing that I can do but to research some other solution or plugin to get this working.

But what I am unable to understand is the architecture or logic behind not allowing uppercase characters in custom field names.

I mean, there must be some reason behind.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.