Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How can I see a hidden link?

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hello,

I'm trying to find a plugin that would allow my visitors to report/flag a bad post.

I found this support ticket in which the poster said she found a nice plugin for it, but the URL was shown as a hidden link. How can I see this URL? Why is it hidden?

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/pet-listing-services-need-the-ability-for-users-to-reportflag-a-bad-listing/

-------------
Actually I may have finally found something my searches in the past have not revealed anything that looked promising but this looks like it might do it:

hidden link <<<----------------------
--------------

Thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Chris

Firstly, please note that you are posting in the Community Forum for users of the free Types plugin. As a Toolset customer you can and should post in the Technical Support forum which we prioritise and where you should receive speedier service.

You are seeing a hidden link because only the original poster and toolset support can see links shared by users. We found that users often share links about their own sites and don't want the links to be displayed in a public forum.

We whitelist common sites such as the WP plugin repo (you should see that second link on the page), stackoverflow etc.

Here is the link you couldn't see: https://codecanyon.net/item/flagged-content-let-visitors-report-and-flag-posts-comments-and-more-to-admin-wordpress-plugin/19748662

Hello Nigel,

Thanks for letting me know that there are 2 different forums. Is there a regular forum where people/users can have a conversation with each other, not for support Q & A like this?

Also, if you don't mind me asking another question: Can I use MemberPress plugin with Toolset to manage my site's membership and subscription?

I noticed that Toolset works with WooCommerce, but it requires you use and buy 3 plugins that cost $300/year, while MemberPress is $120/year.

Is there any aspect in Toolset that won't work with MemberPress?

Thanks.

chris

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Chris

There is no such client forum, though there is a facebook group if you are on FB: hidden link

Regarding MemberPress, I looked through our internal tickets and on the forums, and it seems like there are issues using Layouts with MemberPress, but otherwise there are not any issues I'm aware of. Users ask questions about how to do something on a site with MemberPress installed, from which I infer that there are people using MemberPress and Toolset together successfully.

Hi Nigel,
I'm logged in have lifetime membership for the toolset plugins, and on most links in the forums I'm seeing "hidden link". For example in your above reply I see:

"There is no such client forum, though there is a facebook group if you are on FB: hidden link"

Is this correct behavior?

Thanks for any help
David

Nigel
Supporter

Hi David,

yes, as explained above, most links are by default only visible to the original poster and supporter, so that people can freely post links to their site without worrying that they are visible to the general public. Sites such as stack overflow are explicitly whitelisted.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.