Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Homepage is showing two different pages.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
shift-refresh.jpg
refresh.PNG

I am trying to: View the homepage

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: a hero image banner of mountains and some paragraphs under it

Instead, I got: Depends on the following

1. If you go to the above url, you get a blank page with header and footer menu items.
2. If you hit Shift-Refresh, you get the hero image banner of mountains and some paragrphs
3. If you hi Refresh, you go back to step 1
4. Rinse and repeat with Refresh vs. Shift-Refresh

I only want the visitor to see the hero image banner and paragraphs. Not the nav menu items.

I see that you build that Page with Layouts, and that is what you inserted in the Layout (what you see on the Screen)

You can login to your Site, visit the page, and see the "Edit with Toolset" button.
There a link to the applied Layout will be visible.

Open that Layout and remove the Menu Cell.

It's not possible to display a Cell conditionally to what role is viewing the Page.
So you either need to show the Menu always or remove it completely.

What you can do is use HTML conditional in a Visual Editor Cell as example and output your menu with a Custom ShortCode for example, that is wrapped in a HTML conditional.

I've tried what you suggested but there seems to be another bug. Here's a video of it.

hidden link

Thanks for the Video, that clarfied a lot.

The only difference of Refresh and Shift+Refresh is, it ignores the cached content when refreshing.
As such, this is a cache issue.

Do you have any sort of Cache enabled on site?

I reccommend, if this is not related to any Cache Plugin or Server Cache, to send me a snapshot, as this issue is rather "magic" to me 🙂
I need to debug that locally, there is no sense in messing on your Site there without seeing what's happening in a Debug tool locally.
You can follow this DOC to send me the required data:
hidden link

I will then analyze this and provide a explanation and/or solution.

One more thing.... I use hostgator which looks like it's using Varnish cache.

Please send me a DataBase Dump or a Duplicator File.

That Plugin is not an official part of Toolset, I cannot use it anyway for this purpose as it does not give me any Database.

Thank you and I do apologise the inconvenience.

==> I use hostgator which looks like it's using Varnish cache

Please contact them, and ask to disable this, to test this issue again.
It's clearly a Cache issue.

Thank you, I am downloading and analysing, then I will update you accordingly.

I installed the Site and opened the landing page.

On the front end, all is as it should be.
On the Backend, when I click on "Edit this Layout" I am directed to the "Landing Page" Layout, as expected.

There are no problems locally.

I see on your live site you use Custom Cache, which probably needs to be adjusted, as that is the only difference of the sites/servers.

I cannot assist this.

What I can do is provide a Live test Server where you can import your Website to, and then you can see it working. But for that you would need to remove your Custom Cache files and settings, making that test almost redundant.

I suggest you get in touch with the Server Admins to see why this cache is not flushed properly.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.