Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Hamburger menu appearing on Content Template and also showing on Frontend

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 1 day, 23 hours ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screenshot 2024-09-20 at 7.05.57 am.png
Screenshot 2024-09-20 at 7.05.40 am.png

Tell us what you are trying to do? I was working on the content template and I noticed when I view it on the frontend it becomes the hamburger menu on desktop. It's a completely different look to the rest of the website. How do I switch this back to the normal navigation menu

Is there any documentation that you are following? No

Is there a similar example that we can see? See screenshots

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I would like to know that are you using any menu plugin? If yes:

At what point you see the issue, while editing the content template in backend?

In order to minimize the cause of the issue and to ensure there is no conflict between the theme/plugin(s) you use:

Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?
- Do you see any difference?

Could you please send me debug information that will help us to investigate your issue.
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

No not using 3rd plugin for the menu just normal WordPress menu

Actually not sure when I saw it - I know I was editing the Content Template at the time. When I viewed on the frontend menu was normal. Did some more editing then viewed on the frontend and menu was not normal.

Check plugins - problem is still there when it's just Toolset. I put DIVI into safemode which turns off all plugins but divi. Problem disappears so feel like it's a toolset problem.

Minesh
Supporter

Well I will require exact steps in order to reproduce the issue.

Can you please send me exact steps that I should follow that should help me to reproduce the issue. If you require sandbox site, please let me know I will offer you brand new sandbox site where you can setup test. Does that makes sense?

I'm sorry but if I knew the steps I took for this to happen - I would tell you. It's like a setting was accidentally turned on in the content template to affect the navigation menu. It's only for this page - there must be a setting in Toolset for this to happen.

All I know is I was editing that content template and checking the frontend to view it when the hamburger menu started showing.

Happy to set up a staging website to test this.

Many thanks
Emma

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - Can you please setup a staging site and share problem URL where I can see the issue by editing what content template.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please check now.

I've set the theme options to use the Theme options on content template's right sidebar. Can you please confirm it works as expected now.

Hi,

The staging website is working correctly but the main website seems to be already set to Theme settings and is still. not working?

Minesh
Supporter

Well - Without checking on live site what can I say.

I need production site access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi,

This is Christopher. I'm here to inform you that Minesh will not be available today. He will answer the question tomorrow.

I checked and the login information works correctly. So Minesh will have the necessary information to go forward.

Thank ou for your patience.

Thank you, I'm looking forward to hearing from Minesh and getting this solved.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please confirm it works as expected:
- hidden link

Hi Minesh,

Thank you so much for your patience in resolving this issue. The nav bar is now working.

Many thanks Emma

emmaT-2 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-10-05 20:36:23.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.