Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Google maps don't show on iPhone

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Have a view with search results on a Google Map.
It works on Desktop and on iPad but doesn't load on iPhone. (tried two different iPhones)
iPhone uses iOS 10.2, standard browser.

I am currently setting up the domain so I'll provide you with two url's.
If one doesn't work, try the other.

temporary url: hidden link
new url: hidden link

I have a Bootstrap 3 theme.
I am unable to test the page with another theme because the page is custom template.
But, I have tested the page with all plugins disabled ...

Yes, I confirm the issue on my own iPhone as well.

I can not replicate it on a clean install though.

Can I get a Duplicator Package of this site so I can deploy it locally and make several tests?

We usually recommend the free Plugin "Duplicator" for this porpoise.

If you already know how Duplicator works
(http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),
please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

Duplicator Instructions
hidden link
Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

❌ IMPORTANT ❌
Remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will enable your next answer as private so you can provide me the information securely.

Thank you

It's impossible to download the ZIP
Connection to the download URL is not permitted after ca. 12 minutes of download, and tried for several hours now.

Can you try Google Drive?

Thank you and please apologise the inconvenience

I tested both the links, they work.
Maybe there was a temporary failure.
Please try again.

(Sorry for not moving them to a Google drive but I'm on the move and I connect with my mobile - really slow/crappy connection for such a large file transaction)

Sure, I am on it again right now.

The thing is, the URL is valid, but after a while downloading, it rejects the connection.

I donwloaded several packages succesfully today, so it's not a local ISP issue.

Also now, it keeps being stuck at +15 minutes remaining (having started over 10 minutes ago at 17 minutes 🙂 )

Anyway, I'll try again if it fails again.

OK, I'll get back to this when I'm on a decent connection again.
Will ping you with new urls for download.
Can you please reply with the option for me to send you a private message.

I advised a colleague to download the files, also he faces the same issue, and he is across the world, so it's not an issue with our ISP's

Please let me know once you can provide a Google Drive Folder 🙂

Thank you for your patience

All is well now? Did you manage to download the files?

I apologise the late reply, I am not working Fridays and Saturdays, instead I am here for you from Sunday to Thursday.

I download the package now, and will update you ASAP.

BTW, in reply to this:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/google-maps-dont-show-on-iphone/#post-479874

1. It's not possible because I am not listed in the preferred support persons, since I work in first and second tier and cannot always assist here straight away.

2. I seriously apologise you have a bad experience with the support.
I would like to improve that, as we all do at Toolset.

==> Can you (privately) pass me few example links to threads where you are not satisfied?

I can make improvements and suggest chages to colleagues or myself, or the whole team as such, we want to improve and satisfy the users of Toolset.
"live" threads are best for us to see where we lack perfection.
🙂

3. What you can do, if you have the patience to wait for me sometimes, is to add a comment when you open a ticket, that you would prefer me as the assigned supporter.

Please aknowledge that I am not working friday and saturday and might be occupied sometimes in other tasks - but I always try to get you a timely and useful/designated reply.

For you to pass the above info if you like, I add a private form for your reply.

I apologise the late reply, I had several troubles with the locahost (MAMP can be a pain...)

So this is what I found:

- your maps generating View is set up wrong
-- you as example call the Map in the Filter Editor, this is not according this DOC:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/
- you set a fixed height ==> this may cause issues on Mobile screens

I could not correctly display the map on my mobile still, but this is due to my MAMP setup > somehow calling the LocalHost Site is not working anymore since the last Update of MAMP 🙁

Now, I am quite sure your issue will be solved if:

- set up a new view (for test purpose)
- set it up according the DOC
- do not use any HTML or CSS for now and just call Field in the Map

This should work.
I am quite sure the issue is just due to the fact that you call the Map in the Filter, instead of in the Loop.

Related to your other quries:
- I am reading those threads.
- You cannot attach a private comment to a first post yet, but you can if you wish just mention "if possible assign to Beda".
The thing is, assignement is done automatically so perhaps it will get to another supporter automatically.
He/She will then handle, no worries.

Your correct, of course ?
Moved the row with the map below the search row and they displayed correctly on mobile.
Apologies for the unnecessary time spent on your behalf ...

But how do I achieve my desired layout? Where the map is above and pagination and loop grid below?

(I know I can do it with CSS but I'd rather not mess with top: -/+ for all screen sizes and bootstrap push/pull didn't work because columns get wrapped with views data div)

Well, you can move the ShortCodes in the "Filter and Loop Output Integration Editor".
There are usually 2 ShortCodes, one for the Filter and one for the Loop.
by default the Loop is appearing below the Filter, so you can swap that and then the filter will be below the Loop.

If you want the filter above the loop, but pagination below it, you can instead add the pagination just below the "</wpv-loop>" tag, but before the "[/wpv-items-found]".

But That doesn't give me the desired layout.
The map with search results is in the loop part.
I would like the layout as it is, but then it doesn't show on mobile ...

Map showing all search results
search form
pagination
loop with search results in bootstrap grid

1. This is not possible:

Map showing all search results
search form
pagination
loop with search results in bootstrap grid

2. What is possible is this:

Map showing all search results/loop with search results in bootstrap grid
search form
pagination

This is because the Search and Loop are both displayed with each a ShortCode.
The pagination can either be added to the Search OR the Loop Section.
The Map MUST be added to the Loop section.
The pagination CANNOT be added to the "Filter and Loop Output Integration Editor" section.

What you need could maximally be achieved with 2 different Views displayed on the same page, one displaying a Map, the other a Bootstrap Grid.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.