Skip Navigation

[Resolved] GLOB_BRACE not available on some systems, causing errors

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

bS

The function glob (hidden link) does not support GLOB_BRACE on systems like Solaris (see the note in the documentation). Strato (hidden link), one of the biggest German web hosting companies, is using Solaris servers. This causes the following two warnings and prevented any login to WordPress in our case.

PHP Warning: glob() expects parameter 2 to be integer, string given in /www/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/utility/condition/theme/layouts-support/native/available.php on line 30
PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /www/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/utility/condition/theme/layouts-support/native/available.php on line 30

Class Toolset_Condition_Theme_Layouts_Support_Native_Available in file available.php already contains a check for function_exists( 'glob' ). I suggest to extend the check by: defined( GLOB_BRACE )

Other than that, please provide an email address to send bugs like these. I am still wondering if it was worth the time to create an account just to leave a suggestion in a non-supported customer forum which is most likely never read by anyone important enough...

Hi, rest assured we do check this queue and your support requests here will be attended to. I have escalated this problem to our 2nd Tier support team for some additional investigation, because I'm not sure exactly what we do or do not support in terms of GNU vs non-GNU systems, etc. Please stand by and I will update you when I have some feedback that I can share.

Hi, just a quick update to let you know there is still some discussion pending about this.

It looks like core WP avoided GLOB_BRACE due to some servers not allowing it:
https://make.wordpress.org/cli/2017/10/17/version-1-4-0-released/ > Avoids use of GLOB_BRACE for compatibility with Alpine Linux [#14]

But several other plugins use it, including Events Calendar. Some people suggest to fix this in Solaris, not on the server:
hidden link

Our developers are considering options and I'll provide some additional feedback when I receive it.

Hi, my developers just let us know that this issue has been resolved for a related ticket. The Solaris GLOB_BRACE issue should now be resolved in Solaris systems. Let me know if this is not the case and I can ask for some clarification from the developers. Thank you.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.