Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Change a page to Front Page and use Layouts

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I have a Page that has a Layout assigned.
I want to make that Page to be the Front End Page of WordPress.

Will I loose the Layout?

Solution:
No.

Here are the steps to use a Layout on a page, and make that page the static front page without "losing" the Layout:

1. Create any Layout
2. Create any Page
3. Assign that Layout to the Page
4. Control the output on the front end
5. Make the Page the "Static Front Page"
6. Control the output again.

==> The same Layout will be applied.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marco Bolleter 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I created a page "Lokale Angebote finden" which has a layout-template "Layout2 100P Pages" assinged. The page displays a view [wpv-view name="customsearchangebote1"]. I want to assign this page as the front-page.

If I do this, only the view from the page is displayed, but no content from the assigned template-layout which would provide e.g. menue or footer.

I believe, this is the exact same issue here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/individual-page-layout-changes-when-page-is-set-to-site-homepage/

You need to make sure, the Layout is assigned to the Archive "Home".

Let me know if that solves your issue as well.

Works as you described.

I am reopening here as this is a BUG.

We will provide a fix for it ASAP.

Thank you for your patience - the current solution is still valid as a workaround.

But in future, the Layout should not needed to be assigned to the Home Archive according our DEV.

And I am updating again, that with the current release, this is not replicable anymore.

Here are the steps to use a Layout on a page, and make that page the static front page without "losing" the Layout:

1. Create any Layout
2. Create any Page
3. Assign that Layout to the Page
4. Control the output on the front end
5. Make the Page the "Static Front Page"
6. Control the output again.

In my test, the Layout is still shown - as it's expected.

Can you confirm as well?

Works now as expected.

After the update of the plug-ins I removed the layout assignment to "Main Arichves" / "Home" and the front-page is correctly shown.
Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.