Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Formatting layout & Adding a Sidebar next to a Archive View

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by GinaM9227 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
store_side_bar2.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have created an Product Archive View which takes up the full page. I tried to add a sidebar to the right of the Views to include a Contact Widget. The issue is that the sidebar appears at the bottom of the page and below the views - see attached. Is it possible to put a sidebar next to the views? It looks strange at the bottom of the page.

Is there any documentation that you are following? Woocommerce sidebar

Is there a similar example that we can see? hidden link

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I see you the link you shared is of taxonomy archive: hidden link

I do not see the archive is designed with Toolset, so I suggest you should check with the theme support (OceanWP) and ask them to guide you in the right direction.

> I do not see the archive is designed with Toolset

What do you mean that the archive is not designed with Toolset? The product archive (the Grid View) is designed with Toolset and the Header part above the Archive is another plugin.

Are you referring to the page layout, meaning the areas outside the Views?

Minesh
Supporter

I'm referencing to this page which you shared with your initial post: hidden link

The above page is taxonomy archive not post type archive. Did you add wrong archive link?

product_archive3.jpg
product_archive2.jpg
product_archive.jpg

Here is the Screenshot - I dont know where the views is pulling from actually. It was originally pulling from Toolset.

And now the page is Blank..even though I have not made any changes..

hidden link

I have a Views created - should I just enter the short code into the Organiser Post?

Minesh
Supporter

I'm not sure whats going on with your site, Yes, I can see the archive you created is not displaying the results:
=> hidden link

But, when I tested with my local test install and created a new taxonomy archive for Product Categories it works:
=> hidden link

Maybe you should try to deactivate plugins one by one or check with default theme in order to isolate the issue.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.