Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Font of form must be changed

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.05 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: change the font size of my user form build with CRED. How can I change the character size of labels and field content?

I visited this URL:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Types-support1.jpg

Forgot to send a screenshot

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Ben

You can change styles such as font sizes by adding some CSS rules to overwrite the styles of your theme, which is where the current styles are set.

When you set up a CRED form you will see that you have the option to add custom CSS rules (expand the section CSS and JavaScript for this form).

If you don't know much CSS you will need to do a little studying. There are lots of online tutorials, but here is a good place to start: hidden link

In terms of what elements you need to style, the easiest way to see what rules are currently being applied which determine their style is to use the developer tools which most modern browsers have.

Normally you can right-click on something you want to customise, e.g. a title in your form, and choose "Inspect" and that should bring up the dev tool panel that shows the markup and the styles being applied to it. See the screenshot for what that looks like in Chrome when I inspect your name on this page, for example.

You need to remember when thinking about styles that they cascade (CSS = Cascading Style Sheets), i.e. you may not see the font-size explicitly set on an element because it is being inherited from a parent element. You might want to change the style on the parent (which will affect all children that inherit from it) or just set the style on the element itself to affect just that element.

Thank you Nigel.
You may close this case.

Best regards,
Ben

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Thanks for letting me know.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.