Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Filter view: houses with 2 rooms

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.98 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hello,

I have Parent CPT 'house' and its child CPT 'room'.

I want to display a view with all the houses with 2 rooms.

Thanks!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Jesus

You want a View that displays houses, but only those houses with 2 room child posts, not more, not less.

It's not possible to produce a query with Views that would only return house posts with 2 room child posts.

What you would need to do is to create a View which returns all house posts and then use the wpv_filter_query_post_process API filter to modify the results, as described here: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views-filters/#wpv_filter_query_post_process

You would need to iterate over the found posts using a foreach loop and for each house post you would get its room child posts, for which you can use the function types_child_posts like so:

$rooms = types_child_posts( 'room', array( 'post_id', $post_id ) );

where $post_id comes from the house posts you are iterating over.

For house posts that do not have 2 child room posts you can remove the post from the results, being careful to update the post_count and found_posts parameters at the same time.

If you try and get stuck let me know and I will see if I can help.

I'm sorry, but I can't understand what may I do...

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Jesus

You'll need to add some custom code using the API to your site. I have provided a sample of the code you would need to add (to your theme's functions.php file, or using a plugin such as Code Snippets) below, but please note that providing or supporting custom code is outside our support policy, and if you need further help you should consider contacting a developer such as those listed on our contractors page: https://toolset.com/contractors/

function tssupp_two_rooms( $query, $view_settings, $view_id ){

$house_slug = 'house';  // Edit the house post type slug
	$room_slug = 'room';  // Edit the room post type slug

if ( $view_id == 25 ) {  // Edit ID

$houses = $query->posts;

foreach ($houses as $key => $house) {

// Get the child rooms of this house
        	$rooms = get_posts( array( 'post_type' => $room_slug, 'meta_key' => '_wpcf_belongs_' . $house_slug . '_id', 'meta_value' => $house->ID, 'numberposts' => -1 ) );

if ( count($rooms) != 2 ) {

// remove from results because does not have 2 rooms
                unset( $houses[ $key ] );
            }
        }

$number_of_posts = count( $houses );

$query->post_count = $number_of_posts;
        $query->found_posts = $number_of_posts;

// reindex and update results
        $query->posts = array_values( $houses );
    }

return $query;
}
add_filter( 'wpv_filter_query_post_process', 'tssupp_two_rooms', 101, 3 );

Note that you have to edit the ID of the View, and the slugs of the house and room custom post types.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.