Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Fatal Error Using Toolset

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The customer reported that their Toolset plugin throws a fatal error and mentioned a suggestion to reinstall a fresh copy of the plugin. Despite reinstalling, the issue persists with version 3.1.3, preventing them from providing debug info.
Solution:
We recommended manually replacing and updating the plugins. The steps included making a backup, disabling and removing all Toolset plugins, downloading fresh versions of Toolset plugins (Types v3.5.2, Blocks v1.6.15), and then installing and activating them. When the initial solution didn't resolve the issue, we requested temporary access to the site to further investigate and manually install the plugins. After this intervention, the fatal error was not experienced during our tests.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mateus Getulio 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author

We just bought toolset and have yet to use it yet. My development team reports that the toolset plugin throws a fatal error and " One thread on the Toolset plugin site suggests reinstalling a fresh copy of the plugin. " We have done this but are currently using v3.1.3. Because of the fatal error we are unable to provide debug info.

Any help or direction for us? The development site we are testing on I don't believe will be visible on your end:
hidden link

Here is the error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'OTGS_Installer_Upgrade_Response' not found
in /nas/content/live/stagingxtalks/wp-content/plugins/otgs-installer-plugin/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-otgs-installer-factory.php on line 246
Call stack:
OTGS_Installer_Factory::create_upgrade_response()
wp-content/plugins/otgs-installer-plugin/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-otgs-installer-factory.php:258
OTGS_Installer_Factory::load_upgrade_response()
wp-content/plugins/otgs-installer-plugin/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-otgs-installer-loader.php:25
OTGS_Installer_Loader::load_actions_after_installer_init()
wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:324
WP_Hook::apply_filters()
wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:348
WP_Hook::do_action()
wp-includes/plugin.php:517
do_action()
wp-content/plugins/otgs-installer-plugin/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php:257
WP_Installer::init()
wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:324
WP_Hook::apply_filters()
wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:348
WP_Hook::do_action()
wp-includes/plugin.php:517
do_action()
wp-settings.php:695
require_once()
wp-config.php:128
require_once()
wp-load.php:50
require_once()
wp-admin/admin.php:34
require_once()
wp-admin/index.php:10

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello there,

We can try to manually replace/update the plugins in order to try to fix this issue. Please follow this procedure and tell us the result:

- Make a backup of the site files and database
- Please go to wp-admin -> Plugins, disable and remove every Toolset plugin in the list
- Get a fresh version of the Toolset plugins(Types v 3.5.2, Blocks v 1.6.15) from your downloads page: https://toolset.com/account/downloads/
- Go to Plugins -> Add New -> Upload
- Select the plugins you downloaded previously, install and activate them

After that please check if the issue will be fixed.

Thank you, please let us know how that goes.
Mateus

We still ran into an issue with a fatal error:
Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Could not make OTGS\Toolset\Common\Upgrade\UpgradeController: Class OTGS\Toolset\Common\Upgrade\UpgradeController does not exist
in /nas/content/live/stagingxtalks/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/lib/auryn/lib/Injector.php on line 422

What would be our next steps?

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://toolset.com/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

Hi Mateus

Can you please provide your email id so we can add you to the site?

Regards
Rustamveer Singh

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Sure, please use this email: mateus.g@onthegosystems.com for the account.

Thank you Rustamveer!

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for providing me with that access.

I was able to manually install the Toolset plugins.

I tested the site and I wasn't able to experience the fatal error.

Can you please test it again to confirm it is fixed?

Thank you, please let me know.
Mateus

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.