Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Export / Import downloads are recognized as virus infected by browser

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem

Toolset Plugins and/or it’s Exported Modules, or components, are recognized as Virus by my browser or OS or Server.
What can I do?

Solution

Toolset does not contain viruses if downloaded from our Download Page, and when you try to download an export made with Toolset, you just need to confirm the place to store it in on your browser.

In case the website or server is compromised, this cannot surge from a downloaded copy of Toolset.

if you experience such issues, please contact us and:

- tell us if there are there any specific steps that we can follow on a fresh install to see the issue?

- Could you try with a fresh set of Toolset Plugin copies?

- Could you ask your Server Admin about details relate to the issue? They will usualyl know or see more about eventual hacks or viruses.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by markusM-3 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi,
as I state in my title, when I try to download a view or any other file with the import / export extension, my browser won't allow me, because it is recognized as virus...

Well, then either you have a Virus in your system, or your AntiVirus needs to be adjusted.

Toolset does not contain viruses if downloaded from our Download Page, and when I try to download an export, I just need to confirm the place to store it in on my browser.

Are there any specific steps that I can follow on a fresh install to see the issue?
May I try to download directly from your site?

Appearantly my browser's security setup was a little to sensitive about it. The file seems fine, once downloaded.
Thanks anyway.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.