Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Exact meaning of custom fields under Types control

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Vane 11 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author

Hello,
I run an auction site with its own declared custom post types, their custom taxonomy and custom fields.
Since I don't want to modify function.php or whatever php ( keeping my auction theme upgradable ) I don't want to put these custom fields under Types' control.
This way will I be able to filter these custom fields with Views or 'I MUST use Types control' in this case?
Thanks,
A

Hi Attila,

Putting the custom fields under Types control wont change these fields at all. It just means that Types will add the user interface to enter these values and will allow them to be displayed using the types shortcode.

You can still use these fields in Views without them being under Types control. You just use the name of the field when you add filters for custom fields.

Best regards,
Bruce

Thanks Bruce!

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.