Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Email notification is not received.

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.70 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 32 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 13.46.03.png

I looked at the previous thread, and I'm not sure why custom code is being proposed for the solution, as it is not necessary, unless I have misunderstood the request.

You have a form to submit a post. You want to send a notification when the form is submitted, but you want to send different notifications depending on the value of some custom field submitted with the form.

The simplest solution would be to create the two notifications in the form settings, and then in each notification settings choose to send the notification when the custom field value matches the requirement. (In my screenshot I'm sending this particular notification when the custom field Station = 1.)

You should be able to remove all of the custom code relating to this.

We made the changes.
However during testing it appears that now "Ik wil het aanbod gratis bekijken" no longer unfolds the required fields at hidden link.
I strongly get the feeling that whenever 1 issue gets solved another one pops up.

Nigel
Supporter

Did you recently update to the latest version of Types?

The conditional display of fields was broken in this latest version, and we are awaiting a fix from the developer:

https://toolset.com/errata/conditional-display-of-custom-fields-broken-in-types-3-4-11/

I'll update that erratum as soon as a fix is available.

Yes we did.

Please temporarly roll back to the previous version of Toolset Types to fix this issue while your developers solve the problem with version 3.4.11.

And then have us updated once the fix in the new version is available.

Nigel
Supporter

The conditional display code is part of the code shared across the suite of plugins, so were I to downgrade to Types 3.4.10 that wouldn't help in itself because the newer—problematic—version available with Blocks 1.6, or Forms 2.6.10, or Access 2.8.12, or Maps 2.0.9 would be used in its place.

To revert the code causing this particular issue would necessitate downgrading each of those plugins, and not just Types.

I don't know if anything you have done subsequently depends on the current versions, or if the current versions have fixed issues that you had previously.

I spoke to the developer in question who returned from vacation today, and says he expects to work on this tomorrow, so I suggest we wait to see if he is able to provide a fix then.

Did the developer provide a fix yet to unfold "Ik wil het aanbod gratis bekijken"?

Nigel
Supporter

I spoke to the developer this morning, and unfortunately they have not had time to fix the issue yet, though they hope to get to it by the end of the week (but that could be Sunday rather than Friday).

I'll keep pushing them, we need a fix for this issue soon.

Nigel
Supporter

I'm still waiting on news of a fix from the developer. I can see on the internal ticket that they have begun working on it, but it is not resolved yet, and I don't want to speculate about how much longer it may take.

I'll update you when I have something more concrete to share.

Did the developer had "time" now to fix the unfold issue "Ik wil het aanbod gratis bekijken"? You will understand that this is urgent as we loose a lot of valuable registration info as a consequence of this bug.

Nigel
Supporter

The fix for the issue with conditional fields has now been published.

If you don't see an update notice on your plugins page, click the registered link for one of the Toolset plugins to take you to the custom Toolset installer page, and use the Check for Updates button, otherwise you can download the latest versions from your downloads page at toolset.com/account/downloads.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi Nigel,

Checked the Updates button, cleared the cache, even put ?no-cache=true behind hidden link but the problem still persists. Can you check this please.

Nigel
Supporter

Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 08.24.35.png

When I visit your plugins page there are update notices for most of the Toolset plugins.

Please apply the plugin updates to install the fixed versions.

Run the updates, cleared the cache, still the same results...

Nigel
Supporter

Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 09.16.47.png

When I check the form on the registration page, there is a conditional group after the field "Ik wil het aanbod gratis bekijken", is that what we are talking about?

The condition to display that group checks the username field to see if it is empty (see screenshot).

I'm guessing that is not your intention. Do you need to change that so that it checks whether the "Ik wil het aanbod gratis bekijken" checkbox field is checked?

The condition fields were set properly, but they are changed now. Yes, we want the correct fields to appear again only when the checkbox field "Ik wil het aanbod gratis bekijken" is checked.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.